KMT Precision Grinding is one of Sweden's oldest producer of mechanical equipment. The company manufactures high quality grinders.
The company is an association of UVA International AB, which was founded in 1928 as Nomy AB in Stockholm as well as KMT Lidköping, which was founded in 1875 as Lidköpings Mekaniska Verkstad AB.
Lidköpings Mekaniska Verkstad AB ( LMV ) began in 1875 with the production of outdoor lights, park benches, plows, steam tractors and other agricultural machines. The engineering began in 1902 and was strengthened in 1908 when the company one of the first suppliers to the founded in 1907 Kullagerfabriken Svenska ( SKF) was. UVA put forth plain bearings and gear, including for railways.
1929 LMV was integrated in SKF, the current company name was created in 1982 as the KMT Precision Grinding GmbH in Germany. Took place in 1986 a name change: from Lidköpings Mekaniska Verkstad AB ( LMV ) was Lidköping Machine Tools AB ( LMT). 1996 UVA was integrated into Karolin Machine Tool ( KMT ) and 2000 sold SKF Lidköping Machine Tools AB to KMT.
After another name change was from LMT KMT Lidköping 2006 and 2007 were UVA and KMT Lidköping merged. The company was renamed KMT Precision Grinding AB. 2008 Nordstjernan AB acquired all shares of KMT.
For the construction of Skara Kinnekulle - Wenerns Järnväg ( SKWJ ) Lidköpings Mekaniska Verkstad was awarded the contract to supply all vehicles, including locomotives. Thus arose in 1887 and 1888 depending on a steam locomotive with the wheel arrangement C and a track width 891 mm.
1879 delivered Lidköpings Mekaniska Verkstad the steamship Munter for the Åsunden, operable available as a museum steamship today. In the summer of 1889 the steamship ISA for the Lygnern, where in 1890 regular services recorded followed. The ship was decommissioned in the 1940s, now a replica is available. Later LMV provided further vessels for military use.
1923 Lidköpings Mekaniska Verkstad AB started the production of automobiles. The brand name was Lidköping. In the same year, production ended already back when the company was taken over. A total of three units were built.
The only model was a small car. The body could accommodate three to four people. For the drive was provided by a water-cooled four-cylinder engine with 20 bhp of CIME. The gearbox had three gears.