- SPÖ: 13
- ÖVP: 9
- FPÖ: 1
Curls House (Hungarian: Léka, Croatian: Livka ) is a market town with 2014 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) in Burgenland in the district Oberpullendorf in Austria.
- 3.1 Demographics
The municipality is located in Central Burgenland along the border with Hungary by the river Güns.
The municipality comprises the following five villages (in brackets population as of 31 October 2011):
- Glassworks at Langeck in Burgenland ( 353)
- Hammer pond (241 )
- Hochstraß (200 )
- Langeck in Burgenland (225 )
- Curls House ( 986 )
The municipality comprises the cadastral glassworks at Langeck, hammer pond, Hochstraß, Langeck, Langeck - Eichwald and curls house.
Before Christ's birth, the area was part of the Celtic kingdom of Noricum and belonged to the area of the Celtic hillfort castle on the Schwarzenbacher Castle Hill.
Later, under the Romans was today curls house in the province of Pannonia.
The place was like the rest of Burgenland to 1920/21 Hungary ( German West Hungary).
After the end of World War II German West Hungary was awarded in the Treaties of St. Germain and Trianon in 1919 Austria after tough negotiations. The place belongs since 1921 to the newly founded State of Burgenland (see also history of Burgenland ).
Market town is curls house since 1973 ( performed by VO 5 on-lending ).
Mayor is Christian Vlasich of the Social Democratic Party, Deputy Mayor Klaus Schranz of the ÖVP.
The distribution of seats (23 seats) in the municipal council is SPÖ 13, ÖVP 9, 1 FPÖ, Green 0 0 lists and other mandates.
- Chamber Music Festival curls House: The violinist Gidon Kremer founded in 1981, the International Chamber Music Festival curls house and ran this until 2011 Since 2012, the cellist Altstaedt Artistic Director of the festival.. It will be a year in July, classical concerts of top-class musicians from around the world organized that take place at the castle and in the church.
- Organ Festival curls House: Since 2003, the Organ Festival curls House has established itself under the direction of Wolfgang Horvath.
- Lockenhaus: curls house is known for its medieval castle stronghold curls house that can look back on a storied past. In the 13th century it was said to be a refuge of the Knights Templar, but this is not one hundred percent verifiable. It is however certain that the castle also Elisabeth Báthory resided. Today the castle is a cultural center with a permanent exhibition ( Gustinus Ambrosi, Knights Templar and other issues ) and current exhibitions.
- Nature Park Geschriebenstein
- Parish curls House: The Roman Catholic parish church was built in 1656-1669 by the Italian architect Pietro Orsolini. Since 2003, it houses the largest church organ in Burgenland.
- The former Augustinian Hermits monastery near the parish church in 1868 adapted as a summer palace of the Esterházy family.
- The Calvary, with 14 wayside chapels, the Calvary Church and the Lady Chapel.
- Castle hotel with 160 beds, some in the stronghold, and in the built onto the castle wall castle hotel
Sons and daughters of the town
- Hermann Friedrich Otto (1751-1810), Prince of Hohenzollern- Hechingen
- Stefan Hollenthoner (1890-1981), farmer, master baker and politician
- Ludwig ram (1883-1973), actor