Lohsa, Sorbian Łaz, is the area 's largest municipality in the district of Bautzen in Saxony, Upper Lusatia. The unit is situated at the Municipality Lohsa Little Spree, east of the cities Wittichenau and Hoyerswerda.
Several lakes of the emerging Lusatian Lakeland, are partially or completely in the municipal area. The storage pool Lohsa I and standing with him in conjunction Silver Lake are the residual holes former lignite mines, the flooding began in February 1971. North of Lohsa was created in 2001 the Dreiweibernsee after the flooding of 1989 disused lignite opencast mine Lohsa. East of Weißkollm located with the storage pool Lohsa II, another mining lake. South of the former hamlet Bärwalde closes a short distance to the municipal boundary of the lake at Bärwalder.
- 3.1 municipal
- 3.2 Coat of arms
- 5.1 Education
- 5.2 traffic
- 6.1 Structures
- 6.2 Museums and exhibitions
On the unity community Lohsa includes the following 15 districts:
- Dreiweibern ( Tři zony ); 44 inhabitants
- Driewitz ( Drěwcy ); 142 inhabitants
- Friedersdorf ( Bjedrichecy, with Womjatke, also known as New Friedersdorf called ); 202 inhabitants
- Great Särchen ( Wulke Ždźary ); 1188 inhabitants
- Hermsdorf / Spree ( Hermanecy ); 206 inhabitants
- Koblenz ( Koblicy ); 401 inhabitants
- Lips ( Lipiny ); 78 inhabitants
- Litschen ( Złyčin ); 294 inhabitants
- Lohsa ( Łaz ); 1728 inhabitants
- Mortka ( Mortkow; during the period from November 30th 1936 until 1947 pit Ostfeld renamed); 189 inhabitants
- Catch ( Roholń ); 125 inhabitants
- Steinitz ( Šćeńca, with Kolbitz and New Steinitz ); 331 inhabitants
- Tiegling ( Tyhelc ); 57 inhabitants
- Weißig ( Wysoka ); 76 inhabitants
- Weißkollm ( Bely Chołmc ); 799 inhabitants
The population of the individual sites are from the registration office Lohsa (as of 31 December 2009) and assign due to different calculation rules in their totality a deviation to the population of the municipalities, which are published by the Statistical Office of the Free State of Saxony.
Due to lignite quarrying following villages are in the church today corridors have been partially or completely devastated:
- Buchwalde (1926-1932),
- Three women (partial, 1985)
- Geißlitz (1960),
- Kolpen (1960),
- Lips ( partially, 1960-1961 )
- Neida ( 1936-1947 renamed Köhler reason, demolished 1951-1952 )
- New Lohsa (1943-1947),
- Ratzen (1960),
- Disc (1984),
- Ziegenpfauze ( 1955).
The place Lohsa was first mentioned in 1343 under the name of "lots". 1346 Lohsaer church is first mentioned in a document, making it one of the oldest churches in the northern Upper Lusatia. The Lohsaer good is 1350 for the first time those of Pannewitz and Schreibersdorf recorded as early as in the reign Neschwitz. In 1470 Balthaser is called by Schreibersdorf as the owner of Lohsa, Friedersdorf and Weißkollm. In 1523 Bernard of Gersdorf acquires the Good Lohsa. 1547 buys Christoph von Schreibersdorf to Lohsa the villages Litschen, Driewitz and lips. From the late 16th to mid-17th century the estate Lohsa changes several times the owner.
Three women and Ratzen belong since 1938 to Lohsa. In 1994, five municipalities were incorporated, of which Bärwalde 1998 after Boxberg / OL was reclassified. Lips moved in 1996 from Uhyst after Lohsa. The congregation was dissolved in 1995 the newly formed Knappensee 2005. Your districts United Särchen and Koblenz came to Lohsa.
After the local elections on 7 June 2009 the council Lohsa belong to 12 councils of the Christian Democratic Union, the five left, two of the FDP and the 2 outdoor Knappensee voters.
Coat of arms
Since 1992 Lohsa has a coat of arms. For meaning: Lohsa was formerly a place surrounded by marshes (green wavy line ). Originally denied citizens their living mainly by fishing (blue fish). Since 1935, the mining shaped the landscape (Hammer and mallet ). Today, great efforts are in the field of landscaping, environmental protection and nature conservation undertaken to protect existing natural monuments, to reclaim old mining area to enrich the site to nature and to make this part of the townscape. So, from a former open pit lignite II of the work Gluckauf Knappenrode the recreation area of Silver Lake (blue wavy line ). Also on former opencast Dreiweibern a recreation area developed. As part of the reclamation created ponds that are re- serve of fish farming and are already prepared for this purpose (blue fish). According to Jan Meschgangs book The Place Names of Upper Lusatia means the Sorbian name for Lohsa Łaz: "settlement on a reclaimed land by clearing new ground. " That is why in the center of the crest a tree (pine).
The municipality is located in the southern part of the Lusatian Lake District, which arises from flooded opencast mining holes. The Silver Lake ( Slěborny JĘZOR; Tgb. Werminghoff II; 315 ha, 1972), just south of Lohsa, part of the storage pool Lohsa I, is closed due to renovation work on the railway embankment. The Knappensee ( Hórnikečanski JĘZOR; Tgb. Werminghoff I; 286 ha, 1953), in large Särchen / Koblenz, in 2013 closed due to renovation work LMBV. The Dreiweiberner See ( Třižonjanski JĘZOR; Tgb. Dreiweibern; 286 ha; 2002), directly north of Lohsa, was released in 2005. East of Weißkollm created with the storage pool Lohsa II, another mining lake, which still has no real name and primarily serves as a water reservoir.
The southern and eastern municipality is part of the biosphere reserve Upper Lusatian Heath and Pond Landscape, with many ponds, plenty of woods, the otter, the wolf, and many rare birds.
Economy and infrastructure
The community Lohsa has a primary school in Great Särchen, and a high school.
To the east of the municipality of B 96 on the northwest trending B 97 is reached runs the federal highway 156 west. With a demand breakpoint Lohsa is connected to the railway line Hoyerswerda Niesky - Görlitz.
- Lohsaer Lakelands
- Geological trail with over eighty boulders at Silver Lake
- Fledermausschloss Weißig
Museums and exhibitions
- Radio and Mining Museum Lohsa, Str. 4a, only open on Sunday afternoons
- Zejler - Smoler - house website
Sons and daughters of the town
- Rosemarie Ackermann ( born 1952 ), German high jumper and Olympic gold medalist
- Jan Paul Nagel (1934-1997), German composer