London Coliseum

History

The Coliseum was inaugurated on December 24, 1904 with a vaudeville show. 1911 here was The Hooligan, the last play of the writer WS Gilbert, premiered.

Between 1931 and 1968 the theater changed its name from London Coliseum Coliseum Theatre, as here, the Singspiel was listed in the White Horse Inn in the English version of The White Horse Inn 651mal. In 1968, the Sadler 's Wells Opera Company of Sadler 's Wells moved into the Coliseum; it changed its name in 1974 to the English National Opera (ENO ) and acquired the property for 12.8 million pounds. From 2000 to 2004 the building, which is registered as a Grade II * building since 1960, was subjected to a thorough renovation.

de