34 362 ( March 31, 2013 )
Lørenskog is a municipality in the province of Akershus in Norway. It is bordered immediately to the east of the capital, Oslo, and has 34 362 inhabitants ( as of March 31, 2013). The name means roughly Lørenskog swampy forest.
Almost all the inhabitants live in the northern part of Lørenskog. In the southern part there are mainly forest and in the middle of farms and wheat fields. The community has three breakpoints ( Lørenskog, Hanaborg and Fjellhamar ) at the Lokalzugstrecke Oslo Lillestrøm. A well-known part Lørenskogs is Losby where the water wheel is located, which is found in the coat of arms. The area Losby is today partly a golf course.
Lørenskog has partnerships with the Swedish municipality of Täby outside Stockholm, with the Copenhagen suburb municipality Rødovre, with the Finnish city of Järvenpää near Helsinki, and since 1974 with the Bavarian town of Garching near Munich.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Goals Milsett ( b. 1944 ), cyclist
- Rolf Løvland ( b. 1955 ), composer
- Trine Hattestad (born 1966 ), athlete
- Johann Olav Koss ( born 1968 ), speed skaters
- Henning Berg (born 1969 ), football player
- Thomas Alsgaard (* 1972), cross-country skiers
- Marte Huke ( born 1974 ), poet
- Henning Stensrud ( b. 1977 ), ski jumpers
- Linn Torp ( b. 1977 ), cyclist
- Tore Ruud Hofstad ( born 1979 ), cross-country skiers
- John Carew ( b. 1979 ), football player
- Thomas Nordseth - Tiller (1980-2009), Writer
- Lene Storløkken ( b. 1981 ), football player
- Siren Sundby (* 1982 ), sailor, Olympic champion and two-time world champion
- Aksel Lund Svindal (* 1982 ), skier
- Marit Larsen ( b. 1983 ), pop singer
- Marion Raven ( born 1984 ), singer
- Henrik Kristoffersen (* 1994), skier