Lu Yongxiang (engineer)
Lu graduated from Zhejiang University and RWTH Aachen, 1981, he was awarded his doctorate degree. He is co-founder of the twinning Aachen -Ningbo
From 1985 to 1987 Lu was vice president of Zhejiang University, and from 1988 to 1995 president of Zhejiang University. He was appointed in November 1993 as Vice President of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. In June 1994 he was elected member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering. In July 1997 he was appointed President of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. Furthermore, Lu was elected president of the Society of Chinese Humboldtian and the President of the Association of Chinese academics from Germany and Austria.
In addition, Lu Yongxiang is a member of the German Academy of Sciences Leopoldina since 2005.
- Rudolf Diesel Medal in Gold German Institute for Inventions (1998)
- Alexander von Humboldt Medal
- Werner Heisenberg Medal of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Harnack Medal of the Max Planck Society (2006)
- Great Cross of Merit with Star of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Honorary Senator of the Humboldt -Universität zu Berlin
- Honorary citizen of the RWTH -Aachen (2011)
- Academic freedom is important ( interview by Christine Lu Yongxiang with Prußky ) in: duzMAGAZIN 12/2009, pp. 36-37
Publications (selection )
- Development of pilot-operated proportional valves with 2 -way cartridge valve as an actuator and device- internal feedback. Aachen: Technical Hochsch, Diss, 1981.
- The Historical Mission of the Chinese Academy of Sciences in the Course of Building an Innovation Oriented nation. In: Max Planck Forum 7: Perspectives of Research - Identification and Implementation of Research Topics by Organizations, June 2007, pp. 81ff, ISSN 1438-8715.