Born the son of a royal valet learned Abeille his musical education at Boroni Antonio, Ferdinando Mazzanti and Johann Gottlieb sower at Charles School in Stuttgart. In 1782 he became a member of the court orchestra in 1802 successor of Johann Rudolf Zumsteeg as concertmaster in Stuttgart and 1815 court organist until he retired in 1832.
Abeille wrote piano, chamber and vocal music as well as the musical plays Cupid and Psyche and Peter and Aennchen.
- Cupid and Psyche, Singspiel 4 acts. Libretto: Karl Franz Hiemer. Premiere: January 18, 1800 Stuttgart, Court Theatre
- The caretaker, Singspiel 2 acts. Premiere: 1805 Stuttgart
- Peter and Aennchen, Singspiel 2 acts. Libretto: Karl Franz Hiemer, by Charles Simon Favart Annette et Lubin. September 29, 1809 Ludwigsburg
- Fantaisie for piano, Op 4
- Concerto for Piano 4 hands & orchestra op.6
- Sonata for Piano Four Hands, Op 22
- The Ash Wednesday, Op 11
- The the departed love, song