Luisago is a northern Italian municipality ( comune ) with 2720 inhabitants ( 31 December 2012) in the Province of Como in Lombardy. The community is located about 14 kilometers southwest of Como on the edge of the Parco della Pineta di Appiano Gentile e Tradate near the Lura.
An inscription on the St. George's Church refers to the year 1216, mention the place before the 12th century, while some documents. The foundation of St. George's Church can be dated to the 7th century. Its castle was razed by the Milanese troops in 1284. 1574 prompted Charles Borromeo to build a new church.