Lussac is a southwestern French village with 1302 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2011) in the Gironde department in the region of Aquitaine.
Lussac is located at a height of about 50 meters above sea level. d. M. The distance to Libourne is about 15 km ( driving distance ) towards the southwest; to Saint -Émilion there are more than nine kilometers.
In the field of community Wine has for centuries. The wines produced are now marketed through the appellation Lussac -Saint- Émilion (AOC ). The rental of apartments ( gîtes ) and the cultural and wine tourism also play an important role in the revenue of the municipality.
The town's name derives from a Gallo-Romans named Lucius ago. On a parcel with the name Barat the remains of an estate (villa rustica) were discovered from Gallo- Roman times to 1890.
- The Parish Church ( Église Saint -Alexis ) is a neo-Gothic building of the 19th century, with a high spire ( flèche ), which towers over an open entrance portico on three sides.
- The Château de Lussac, a two-story building from the 18th century, stands on the edge and forms the end point of a well-tended garden. In the lower area of the two steep roofs to find Lukarnenfenster.
- The Château Haut- Piquat is another well-known winery; it stands in the middle of the vineyards.
- The Mégalithe de Picampeau (also Pierre des martyrs ) is a lying limestone block near the Château Haut- Piquat; if he ever stood upright, is unclear. He is taken connection with Celtic sacrificial ceremonies.