The Lyonnais ( arpitanisch Liyonês ) is a historical province of France, located in the Rhône department today.
The Lyonnais itself was divided into three provinces:
- Plat Pays de Lyonnais, the Monts du Lyonnais; the adjective plat (actually: flat, flat ) denotes here the relief of low mountains, but the fact that this province was not considered to be privileged and tax waist was subjected.
- The city of Lyon, whose inhabitants are called Lyonnais / it
- The Franc- Lyonnais in the north of the city along the Saône
- Historical territory (France)
- Historic landscapes and regions in Europe
- History of France in the early modern period