Mansfelder Land (district)
The county of Mansfeld was a district in the south of Saxony- Anhalt. On 1 July 2007 it was fused with the county Sangerhausen the new district of Mansfeld - South Harz in the context of the district reform in Saxony- Anhalt. Neighboring districts were in the north of the district Aschersleben - Staßfurt and district of Bernburg, in the east of the Saale district, in the south of the counties of Merseburg cross- ford and Sangerhausen and to the west the district of Quedlinburg.
- 5.1 Changes to Management Communities
- 5.2 Changes at the community level
- 5.3 Name changes
The area of the district of Mansfeld region was located in the eastern Harz Foreland. The county also included areas that go beyond the historical Mansfeld.
The county of Mansfeld was marked by centuries of copper mining. By 1200, the two spotted Goslar miners Nappian and Neucke near Hettstedt deposits of copper ore. Then set up a large mining development that shaped the face of the region sustainable.
In 1989, with the Bernard Koenen shafts I and II in Niederröblingen and Nienstedt and the Thomas -Müntzer - shaft at Sangerhausen the last copper mining shafts in the region shut down after the copper mining already between 1960 and 1970 from the so-called Mansfeld basin (district of Mansfeld country) had shifted ( county Sangerhausen ) in the Sangerhäuser trough. Large spoil heaps with sometimes more than 100 meters high will announce in the future of the once important implications of copper for this region.
The county of Mansfeld was created in the wake of the district reform in Saxony -Anhalt from the two former counties Hettstedt and Eisleben, in turn, after the Second World War from the previous circles " Mansfeld Mountain Circle" and " Mansfeld Seekreis " were formed.
Historically, the name deduced from the name of the former county of Mansfeld.
The origin of the county of Mansfeld can be traced back to the Great in the time of Charles. According to the legend, the emperor wanted against a vassal show your appreciation and leave him for his service a piece of land of the size that it can be ordered with a grain sack. The vassal cut a tiny hole in the bag and rode his horse on the crest of Mansfeld basin around the area of the future county, a thin trace grain seeds leaving behind. When the vassal performed with the empty sack again before the emperor, is said to have said, laughing: It was this man's field.
Economy and infrastructure
Furthermore, lay in what was then the district, the route network of the Mansfeld mining railway which runs between Benndorf and Hettstedt as oldest operational narrow gauge railway in Germany in museum operations.
Through the district Mansfeld region led the federal highways 180, 80, 86 and 242
Cities and Towns
(Population at 31 December 2006)
Management communities with their member communities
* Office of the Management Community
- 2 Management Community Hettstedt
- 3 Management Community Lutherstadt Eisleben
- 4 Community Management Mansfeld basic Helbra
- 5 Verwaltungsgemeinschaft sea area Mansfeld
- 6 Management Community Wipper - A
Since 1995, found in the district of Mansfeld many territorial changes take place.
Of the original 12 -governing communities were still 6 -governing communities in the dissolution of the district. At the same time, the number of municipalities from 72 reduced to 59
Administration changes Communities
- Resolution of the administrative community Eisleben - integration of community Volkstedt in Eisleben, becomes unity church ( 1 January 2004)
- Formation of the joint management Wipper - A from the management communities Einetal pre-resin, Sander life and Wippra (1 January 2005 )
- Formation of the joint management Lutherstadt Eisleben from the communities Bischofrode, Osterhausen and Schmalzerode from the administrative community in the Horn Burger saddle, from the communities Hedersleben and Polleben from the administrative community Mansfeld plate and the community Unterrißdorf from the administrative community overseas territory Mansfeld and Eisleben (1 January 2005 )
- Integration of community Hornburg from the administrative community in the Horn Burger saddle and the communities Dederstedt and Neehausen from the administrative community Mansfeld plate in the administrative community overseas territory Mansfeld (1 January 2005 )
- Resolution of the administrative community Mansfeld plate - Integration of Local Dederstedt and Neehausen in the sea area VG Mansfeld region, integration of communities Hedersleben and Polleben in the VG Eisleben, inclusion of the remaining communities in the management of Community Gerbstedt (1 January 2005 )
- Integration of community Benndorf from the administrative community Klostermansfeld and the community Bornstedt from the VG in the Horn Burger saddle to the administrative community Mansfeld basic Helbra (1 January 2005 )
- Resolution of the administrative community Mansfeld - inclusion of communities in the town of Mansfeld, the unified community is (1 January 2005 )
- Resolution of the administrative community Klostermansfeld - integration of community Klostermansfeld in the VG Gerbstedt, integration of community Benndorf in the VG Mansfeld basic Helbra and incorporation of the communities Annarode and Siebigerode in the town of Mansfeld (1 January 2005 )
- Integration of community Klostermansfeld from the VG Klostermansfeld and integration of communities Augsdorf, Burgdorf, Hübitz, Rottelsdorf and Siersleben from the VG Mansfeld plate in the VG Gerbstedt (1 January 2005 )
- Resolution of VG in the Horn Burger saddle - integration of community Bornstedt in the VG Mansfeld basic Helbra, integration of community Hornburg in the VG sea area Mansfeld region, integration of communities Bischofrode, Osterhausen and Schmalzerode in the VG Eisleben and incorporation of the municipality Wolferode in the Lutherstadt Eisleben (1 January 2005 )
Changes at the community level
- Resolution of the municipality Volkstedt - incorporation to Eisleben (1 January 2004 )
- Resolution of the communities Rothenschirmbach and Wolferode - incorporation to Eisleben (1 January 2005 )
- Resolution of the communities Polleben and Unterrißdorf - incorporation to Eisleben (1 January 2006 )
- Of Wippra, spa to Wippra (1 January 1998 )
- By Sander Sander life to life (Anhalt ) ( 30 June 2007)