Mansion House tube station
Mansion House is an underground station of the London Underground in the City of London. It is located in the Travelcard Zone 1 at the junction of Queen Victoria Street and Cannon Street; it is served by the Circle Line and the District Line. In 2011, 7.42 million passengers used the station.
It has three tracks that are applied to a central platform at a respective side and. On track 1, the trains to Tower Hill and on track 3, those towards Westminster. Track 2 is used only by ending and beginning of the trains, to the extension of the Circle line to Hammersmith each train on the Circle Line was once a day turned in Tower Hill or Mansion House, to minimize the wear on the wheels. The name of the station is derived from the nearby Mansion House, the official residence of the Lord Mayor of London, although this building is really closer to the station bench.
The opening of the station took place on 3 July 1871, the Metropolitan District Railway (MDR ), the predecessor of today's District Line, as this increased the distance of Blackfriars from here. The MDR presented in South Kensington a connection to the Metropolitan Railway ( MR; Today's Metropolitan Line ago). MDR and MR jointly built the stretch to Tower Hill and took this on October 10, 1884 in operation. For the last gap of the leading around the city center ring line was closed. In the 1920s, designed by Charles Holden created a new entrance building. From October 29th 1989 to 11th February 1991, the station was closed due to extensive renovation and modernization work.