Manuel Herz (* 1969 in Dusseldorf ) is a German architect.
Manuel Herz studied architecture at the RWTH Aachen University and the Architectural Association School of Architecture in London. He serves on the Advisory Board of the Federal Foundation for Building Culture of the Federal Republic of Germany and taught in London, Rotterdam and Cambridge. Since 2006, the Institute conducts Heart " Contemporary City " at the ETH Studio Basel with Jacques Herzog and Pierre de Meuron, where he also runs a own architecture office. Another office is located in Cologne. Currently heart is also Visiting Professor of Architectural Design at the ETH Zurich. Became known heart in Germany mainly through the construction of the held in the style of deconstructivism new synagogue in Mainz in 2008-2010.
- 2004: Legal / Illegal, Goltsteinstraße 110, Cologne
- 2010: New Synagogue Mainz
- 2003: Cologne Architecture Prize for Legal / Illegal
- 2003: Architecture Prize for Concrete Legal / Illegal
- 2010: Art and Culture Award ethos of publishing Quick and Steiner
- 2011: German facade price for rainscreen facades for the Jewish Community Center Mainz