Manuel Mota (guitarist)
Mota began playing guitar at the age of fifteen. He was initially interested in blues before the end of the 1980s, the experimental music and to jazz. He experimented with the prepared guitar and played minimalist drone music under the influence of Phil Niblock.
In addition, he studied architecture and founded in the late 1990s, the label Headlights. Appeared in 1995 with Environment Analysis Report, the first of a number of his own albums. He also worked as a member of the band Acção Total ( with Craig Flanagin, Margarida Garcia and Michelle Dorvilli ) and performed with musicians such as Tetuzi Akiyama, Chris Corsano, Lukas Ligeti, Mattin, Donald Miller, Gino Robair, Ernesto Rodrigues and.
- Environment Analysis Report, 1995
- Rafael Toral: Chasing Sonic Booms, 1996
- I wish I'd never met you ( with Margarida Garcia ), 1999
- Be Miguel: Still Alive in Barrio Alto, 2000
- For Your protection Why Do not You Just Paint Yourself Real Good Like An Indian ( with Margarida Garcia ), 2001
- David Maranha: Noe 's Lullaby, 2002
- Leopardo, 2003
- Quartets, 2004
- Outubro, 2006
- Curia ( with Helena Espvall, Margarida Garcia, and David Maranha ), 2007