The Prussian district Marienwerderstraße existed between 1752 and 1945. It included the January 1, 1945 two cities and 52 municipalities. The capital was Marienwerderstraße.
The circular area was after the Second Peace of Thorn in 1466 when the territory of the Teutonic Knights, from the 1526 Duchy of Prussia was, remained. In 1752 conducted by Frederick II administrative reform of East Prussia Marienwerder was created as one of ten newly established East Prussian circles.
In the course of the first partition of Poland in the entire district area of the newly created province of West Prussia in 1773 assumed.
After the reorganization of the circle outline in the Prussian state after the Congress of Vienna was established on April 1, 1816 Marienwerder in the district Marienwerderstraße in the Prussian province of West Prussia. The group comprised five to 1818 Royal Immediate and two noble Mediatstädte and four domains or Erbhauptämter.
In 1818 a district of Rosenberg (West Prussia) was separated and collected the municipality Rosenberg (West Prussia) to the city of this newly created circle. To compensate for the Marienwerder has been increased by some communities west of the Vistula. Due to the German -Polish border demarcation in 1920 the county was divided, only the east of the Vistula -lying areas remained until 1945 at Germany.
On July 1, 1922, the district Marienwerderstraße was formally incorporated into the province of East Prussia. The dominant industry was agriculture, in 1933 around 65 % of the non-living in the district town residents were employed.
After the reorganization of the circle outline in the Prussian state after the Congress of Vienna was established on April 1, 1816 Marienwerder in the district Marienwerderstraße in the Prussian province of West Prussia. This usually consisted of rural areas west and east of the lower Vistula. The District Office was located in Marienwerderstraße.
And West Prussia - the new province of Prussia based in Königsberg in Prussia The county of Marie Werder remained exist: ( not East Prussia ) after the merger of the former provinces of Prussia - since 3 December 1829 circle belonged.
After entry into force of the Treaty of Versailles on 10 January 1920 included all areas west of the Vistula to now as the new county Gniew ( Mewe ) of the Second Polish Rzeczpospolita. This was dissolved on April 1, 1932, on the circles Tczew ( Dirschau ) Starogard ( Prussian Stargard ) and Swiecie ( Schwetz ) distributed. The provisional German remained the eastern part was temporarily the top presidents in Königsberg in Prussia subordinated. On 24 January 1920, the district came under the Inter-Allied Commission for government and referendum in Marienwerderstraße.
After the clear results of the voting in the plebiscite area Marienwerderstraße on July 11, 1920, the county remained permanently in German - Prussia. Despite the positive outcome of the referendum to remain with the German Reich had to be surrendered on 12 August 1920, which located east of the Vistula rural communities outside the dikes, locust village, small field, Kramershof and New Liebenau to Poland.
By 16 August 1920, the insinuation of the circle ended at the Inter-Allied Commission for government and referendum in Marienwerderstraße. Final regulations now could be taken in respect of the remnants of the Province of West Prussia. On July 1, 1922, the district Marienwerderstraße was formally incorporated into the province of East Prussia.
The " government district, Marie Werder ' " was ", West Prussia Regierungsbezirk reasons of tradition in ' " renamed. Seat of the provincial government remained in Marienwerderstraße.
On September 30, 1929 local government reform took place in Marienwerder according to the development in the rest of Prussia place, in which dissolved all previously independent estate districts and neighboring rural towns have been allocated.
From 1 January 1939, the Marienwerder led according to the now rich uniform regulation the term " county". By October 26, 1939, the district became part of the Marie Werder Reichsgau newly formed West Prussia, which was renamed from November 2, 1939 in " Danzig- West Prussia ." The county has now led back the previous name " Marie Werder ".
On December 2, 1940, retroactively administratively connected since October 26, 1939 formerly Polish communities Burztych ( outer dike ), Janowo ( locust village), Kramrowo ( Kramersdorf ), Male Polko (small field ) and Nowe Lignowy ( Neuliebenau ) of the district Dirschau in the county Marie Werder incorporated.
In spring 1945 the circle area was occupied by the Red Army and subsequently became part of the Olsztyn Voivodeship.
The district Marienwerderstraße first subdivided into the townships Garnsee, Marie Werder and Mewe, in rural communities and independent estate districts.
With the introduction of the Prussian municipality constitutional law of 15 December 1933 and the German church order of January 30, 1935 April 1, 1935, the leader principle was enforced at the community level.
A new circle Constitution was not created; it still was the district regulations for the provinces of East and West Prussia, Brandenburg, Pomerania, Silesia and Saxony on 19 March 1881.
In the following, an overview by population, denominations and language groups:
1939, by the inhabitants of the district 81 % Protestant and 17% Catholic.
The consistently German place names were essentially maintained until 1945. In a few cases they were " not German " considered enough and received a phonetic approximation or translation, for example:
- Baldram: Mergental
- Bandtken: Panke village
- Bialken: White Jug
- Crediting: Zander field
- Kamiontken: Lamprecht village
- Kanitzken: Kunkenau
- Russenau: Reussenau
- Zigahnen: Dietmar village
- Heinrich Joachim Woldeck of Arneburg to 1767, appointed by Frederick II District Administrator of Marie Werder (mentioned 1769/72 ), 1774 Senior Researcher at the General Directorate, Dept. 9, Peuplierungspolitiker and mercantilist