Martinsried is a municipality in the district of Munich Planegg and has about 3,800 inhabitants (as of 06 /2010).
Martinsried is in Munich gravel plain and borders the city of Munich in Grosshadern. The village center is located about 2.5km from the center Planegg.
The ending- reed is a clearing and points to a settlement in about the 7th / 8th century. Written Martinsried was the first time in 1180 in a document of the monastery Dietramszell as " St. Martin in Riedt " mentioned.
1425 brought the Bavarian Duke Wilhelm III. his possessions Planegg, Martinsried, Graefelfing and rags for " Vest Planegkh " and she gave his illegitimate son of Konrad Egenhofen. Since then connected to Martinsried Planegg. Until 1785 the village consisted of eight houses and in 1950 only 50 house numbers are detected.
In the years 1970 to 1972, the Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry and Neurobiology (formerly Psychiatry) was built close to the Grosshadern Clinic. Meanwhile, here are many other companies have settled, and the Ludwig- Maximilians- University of Munich has a branch here.
North of Martinsried leads past the main road of 2343 Graefelfing to Munich at the site; in the south of the 2344 Planegg the motorway junction Munich - Fuerstenried the A 95
It is planned to continue the Munich subway line 6 -west on Grosshadern addition to Martinsried. The extension of the U6 in the south to Martinsried was decided by the district council in Munich on July 20, 2009. The 67 million euro expensive, about 900 meter track was originally 2014/2015 come into operation. Given the end of 2011, still not concluded negotiations on the financing of this date is not to keep. A completion is not expected before 2017.
The Catholic and Protestant churches maintain in place per a kindergarten, and there are three creches or daycare. The Workers' Welfare maintains a crèche. The municipality operates an elementary school in the district Martinsried.