Matsudo (Japanese松 戸 市, -shi ) is a city northeast of Tokyo in Chiba Prefecture, on Honshū, the main island of Japan.
Matsudo is located north of Funabashi, east of Misato, south of Nagareyama and northeast of Tokyo.
The city has two major rivers, Edo and clays.
In the Edo period Matsudo was an important river port.
- National Road 6 by Tōkyō or Sendai
- National Road 298.464
Economically important include food processing, textile and construction companies.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Daisuke Enomoto (born 1971 ), Space Tourist
- Hiroshi Kamiya ( voice actor )
- Hideaki Wakui ( born 1986 ), baseball player
- Naoko Yamazaki (born 1970 ), second Japanese astronaut
Adjacent Cities and Towns
- Tokyo: City District Katsushika