Matsue (Japanese松江 市, -shi) is a city and seaport and administrative center of Shimane Prefecture in the western part of Honshu, the main island of Japan, located on the coast of the Sea of Japan.
In Matsue there is a university, economically important are consumer goods, and both marine and inland fisheries, because in the vicinity of the city lies the Lake Shinji, the seventh largest lake in Japan.
The city image next to temples is the historic Castle Matsue heard ( in 1611 during the Tokugawa period built ), with its extensive canal systems.
In Matsue lived the Irish- Greek author Lafcadio Hearn for about a year.
- Matsue- jo, one of the oldest original preserved Japanese castles
- Street: Sanin Expressway
- National Road 9
- National roads 54, 431, 432, 485
- JR Sanin Main Line
- JR Kisuki - line
- Hangzhou ( People's Republic of China)
- New Orleans ( U.S. )
- Dublin ( Ireland)
- Yinchuan (China )
- Jinju (South Korea)
- Jilin (China )
Sons and daughters of the town
- Hiroshi Abe (born 1958 ), amateur astronomer
- May Hoshimura ( born 1981 ), singer-songwriter
- Hiroyuki Hosoda (* 1944), politician
- Paul Takashi Nagai (1908-1951), radiologist, author and survivor of the atomic bombing of Nagasaki
- Kei Nishikori (* 1989), tennis player
Adjacent Cities and Towns