May 24 is the 144th day of the Gregorian calendar ( 145th in leap years), thus remain still 221 days of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 19th century
- 3.2 19th century
- 3.3 20th century
- 3.4 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
- 2002: Russian President Vladimir Putin and the President of the United States, George W. Bush, signed the Strategic Offensive Reductions in Moscow Treaty ( SORT).
- 2005: Her former national chairman Oskar Lafontaine declared his withdrawal from the SPD and agrees to the Electoral Alternative Labour and Social Justice ( WASG ) support, which shortly thereafter enters into an electoral alliance with the PDS.
- 2003: The Mystery Park by Erich von Däniken opens in Interlaken on the grounds of a former military airfield. He is dedicated to the " presentation unexplained and yet very real tangible world riddle ".
Science and Technology
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Before the 19th century
- 2001: Wolfgang Kimmig, German prehistorians
- 2004: Friedrich Wilhelm Christians, German bankers
- 2004: Henry Ries, American correspondent image
- 2004: Lilly Stepanek, Austrian actress
- 2005: Eddie Albert, American actor
- 2005: Carl Amery, German writer
- 2005: Manuel de Anchorena, Argentine diplomat
- 2005: Fritz Hofmann, Swiss politician
- 2006: Kalcidon Agius, Maltese writer, playwright and politician
- 2006: Henry Bumstead, American art director
- 2007: Wolfgang Baechler, German poet and prose writer
- 2007: Buddy Childers, American jazz trumpeter
- 2007: Karl- Heinz Koch, German lawyer and politician
- 2007: Gert Schliephake, German zoologist
- 2008: Robert Knox, British actor
- 2010: Paul Gray, American rock musician, bassist for Slipknot
- 2010: Anneliese Rothenberger, German opera singer
- 2013: Graubner, German painter
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Nicholas Selnecker, German minister ( Protestant)
- Queen Esther, a Jewess Persian (Protestant: LCMS )
- Nicolaus Copernicus, Polish scientists (Protestant: ELCA )
- Leonhard Euler, Swiss scientists (Protestant: ELCA )
- Name Days Johanna
- State Holidays and observances Bulgaria: Day of the Cyrillic alphabet
More entries contains the list of commemorative and Action days.
- Day in May