The 4th of May is the 124th day of the Gregorian calendar ( 125th in leap years), thus still remain 241 days of the year.
- 3.1 Before the 20th century
- 3.2 20th century
- 3.3 21st century
Politics and World Affairs
Science and Technology
- 2002: NASA launches the Aqua satellite research to explore the role of water in the complex ecosystem of our planet. Aqua is the first satellite of the "A- Train" from the research program Earth Observing System.
- 0304: The exiled to Lorch Roman Christian Florian of Lorch is drowned after a death sentence in the Enns. The martyr is revered as a saint.
- 2007: A tornado Class EF -5 on the Fujita scale destroyed over ninety percent of the city Greensburg, Kansas.
Minor accidents are listed in the sub- items of disaster.
Entries of Athletics world records are located under the respective discipline under Athletics.
Before the 19th century
Before the 20th century
- 0304: Florian of Lorch, a Christian martyr
- 0784: Arbeo, Bishop of Freising
- 1269: Gerhard I von Hoya, Bishop of Verden
- 1406: Coluccio Salutati Italian humanist and politician, Chancellor of Florence, discoverer of Cicero's letters
- 1471: Edward of Westminster, English nobleman, Prince of Wales and Duke of Cornwall
- 1508: Christopher Mendel of Steinfels, German bishop of Chiemsee
- 1519: Lorenzo II de Medici, Duke of Urbino and ruler of Florence
- 2001: Rudi beam, German playwright, short story writer and poet
- 2002: Rolf Friedemann Pauls, German diplomat
- 2003: Johannes Agnoli, German political scientist and philosopher
- 2003: Friedrich Steinbauer, German theologian and anthropologist
- 2004: Carl Heinz Hollmann, German television presenter
- 2004: David Reimer, a Canadian boy growing up as a girl
- 2004: Coxsone Dodd, Jamaican producer
- 2005: Yakovos Bilek, German basketball coach
- 2005: David Haskell Hackworth, U.S. military expert
- 2006: Alma Würth, German entrepreneur
- 2006: Walter Conrad, German writer
- 2006: Fritz Schenk, German publicist, journalist and broadcaster
- 2007: Herbert Schindler, German writer and art historian
- 2007: Karl Schlögl, Austrian chemist
- 2008: Gerhard Schmidt, German - Danish farmer and general chairman of the Federal German Nordschleswiger
- 2008: Richard Holme, British politician
- 2008: Colin Murdoch, New Zealand pharmacist, veterinarian and inventor
- 2009: Dom DeLuise, American actor and director
- 2009: Fritz Muliar, Austrian actor
- 2009: Gisela Stein, German actress
- 2010: Cardinal Luigi Poggi, Vatican diplomat and cardinal
- 2012: Haukur Angantýsson, Icelandic chess player
- 2012: Adam Yauch, American musician, producer and director
- 2012: Rashidi Yekini, Nigerian footballer
- 2013: Christian de Duve, Belgian biochemist and Nobel Prize winner
- 2013: Klaus- Peter Stein, German football player
Holidays and observances
- Religious observances Michael Schirmer, German pastor and hymn writer ( Protestant)
- Saint Florian of Lorch, Roman official, martyr and patron saint ( Catholic)
- Friedrich Conrad Dietrich Wyneken, German -American pastor and missionary (Protestant: LCMS )
- Name Days Florian, Guido, Valerie
- State Holidays and observances Netherlands: National Dodenherdenking
- More information for the day Star Wars Day
More entries contains the list of commemorative and action days.
- Day in May