Location and data
Mazzarino located 39 km south-east of Caltanissetta. The inhabitants mainly work in agriculture. There are cultivated cereals, olives, almonds and citrus fruits.
The neighboring municipalities are Barrafranca (EN), Butera, Caltagirone (CT ), Caltanissetta and Gela, Niscemi, Piazza Armerina (EN), Pietraperzia (EN), Ravanusa (AG), Riesi, San Cono (CT ), San Michele di Ganzaria ( CT) and Sommatino.
The village was founded in the second half of the 13th century around a castle, from which a round turret and some walls have survived today. 1507 was the feudal lord the title of Count of Mazzarino.
- Necropolis of Monte Disueri
- Church of Santa Maria del Gesu, built in the 15th century
- Church of the Immaculate
- Parish Church of Santa Maria della Neve, built in the 18th century, the construction took 100 years
- Church of Maria SS di Mazzaro from the 18th century
- Town Hall, formerly seminary of the Carmelite
- Palazzo Branciforte from the 16th century
- Castle ruins