Franchise is the English name for brand (trademark). Franchise referred to in the media sector intellectual property ( eg for books, movies, framework for action, characters, locations, samples ), the several products and in most cases over several media (such as film, literature, television, video games ) away is developed and used. One of the most famous people of this marketing concept was Walt Disney, whose name became synonymous with the franchise.
Franchise can be planned or untargeted arise when, for example, a movie is a surprising success, attracting sequels. In the continuation of franchises, it is the continuity ( eg regarding persons, places of action, general theme ) to true.
Franchise is often linked with merchandising; Here figures of franchises are used to advertise other products.
- Film franchises: Alien - The mysterious creature from another world, Predator, Planet of the Apes, Star Wars, James Bond, Godzilla, Ghostbusters - Ghostbusters, Gremlins - Small monsters, RoboCop
- TV series franchises: Star Trek, Stargate SG -1, Moonbase Alpha 1, UFO, Thunderbirds, Doctor Who, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Law & Order
- Video game franchise. Pokémon, Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider, Quake, Battlefield, Unreal Tournament, Warcraft, Resident Evil, hack, Need for Speed , Call of Duty, FIFA, Wing Commander ( game series )
- Comic franchises: Superman, Batman, Spider -Man, Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, Iron Man
- Roman franchises: Perry Rhodan, Harry Potter, Dune, Lord of the Rings
- Action figures franchises: Masters of the Universe, Transformers, GI Joe ( Action Figure )