Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Menomonee Falls is a village in Waukesha County in the southeast of the U.S. state of Wisconsin and part of the Milwaukee metropolitan area. In 2000, Menomonee Falls had 32,647 inhabitants, whose number has increased to an estimate in 2006 to 34,370.
In Menomonee Falls is located on Roosevelt Drive, the historic Third Street Bridge (also known as Roosevelt Drive Bridge ). Built in 1899 the bridge was taken as a historical monument with the number 88,001,647 on 21 September 1988 by the National Register of Historic Places.
Menomonee Falls is located at 43 ° 9'4 " north latitude and 88 ° 6'37 " west longitude and covers an area of 85.2 km ².
Through the center of Menomonee Falls of the place in the same direction is in northwest -southeast direction of the Wisconsin Highway 175, east on a common four-lane track, the U.S. Highways 41 and 45
Menomonee Falls is located 24.8 km north west of the city of Milwaukee. Other towns in the near and around Menomonee Falls are Waukesha, 24.8 km south west of the county seat of Waukesha County, Wisconsin's capital, Madison (120 miles west), Rockford in neighboring Illinois (152 km southwest), Chicago (173 km south ) and Green Bay (176 km north).
In the official census in 2000 a population of 32,647 was determined. These distributed to 12,844 households in 9,299 families. The population density was 383.0 inhabitants per square kilometer. There were 13,150 residential buildings, which corresponded to a housing density of 154.3 per square kilometer buildings.
The population consisted in 2000 of 96.5 percent white, 1.5 percent African American, 0.2 percent Native Americans, Asians 0.9 percent and 0.2 percent other. 0.7 percent said to be descended from at least two of these groups. 1.2 percent of the population consisted of Hispanics who belonged to the various of the aforementioned groups.
25.0 percent were under 18 years, 5.4 percent between 18 to 24, 30.5 percent of 25-44, 23.4 percent from 45 to 64 and 15.7 percent 65 and older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females were statistically 93.7 men in the over 18 -year-olds 90.8.
The median income per household was 57 952 U.S. dollars ( USD), the median family income $ 68,952. The median income for men was $ 46,861, and for women about $ 31,783. The per capita income amounted to $ 27,454. About 1.1 percent of families and 2.2 percent of the total population were below the poverty line income.
- Mark Borchardt (born 1966) - actor and director - born in Menomonee Falls
- Andy Hurley (born 1980) - drummer ( Fall Out Boy) - born in Menomonee Falls
- Elmer Klumpp (1906-1996) - baseball player (MLB - Washington Senators, Brooklyn Dodgers ) - died in Menomonee Falls
- Justus Henry Nelson (1850-1937) - Methodist missionary in the Amazon - born in Menomonee Falls
- Vic Perrin (1916-1989) - actor - born in Menomonee Falls
- Jim Sensenbrenner (born 1943) - member of the U.S. House of Representatives since 1978 - lives in Menomonee Falls
- Mike Solwold (born 1977) - football player in different NFL teams - born in Menomonee Falls
- Peter J. Somers (1850-1924) - Mayor of Milwaukee, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives - born in Menomonee Falls
- Jessica Szohr (born 1985) - actress - born in Menomonee Falls
- Mark Wilson (b. 1974) - professional golfer - who was born in Menomonee Falls