Messerschmitt Bf 163
The Messerschmitt Bf 163 is a propeller-driven aircraft, the (later Siebel ) Fh / Si 201 was submitted to the Air Ministry as a competition design for Fieseler Fi 156 Storch and aircraft factory building KG. Was initially developed at BFW in Augsburg. A short time later, the design was, was responsible for the Robert Lussier, forwarded to the company Rohrbach in Berlin working through, as BFW was busy at that time by other projects. The company Rohrbach transferred in turn to the construction and flying of the company Weserflug. The ensuing delay meant that at the start of assembly of parts to test the stork in Rechlin was already completed and the Air Ministry had chosen him.
Then the plane was downgraded to first only two pieces, eventually only one whose first flight took place on 19 February 1938. With this machine, nine additional flights were conducted on 22 and 23 February. On the planned testing at the test site of Rechlin was omitted and it was then returned to Augsburg. On September 29, 1938, was passed as a teaching object the flyer Technical School Munich. As a technical peculiarity was changing the pitch at the Bf 163 provided with an automatic slat over the entire span and with far whipping flaps wings in flight, so that the body always maintained its horizontal position.