The Messerschmitt P.1111 was a fighter aircraft project of the Messerschmitt AG.
The first drafts of the said Messerschmitt project of a hunter named P.1111 was established in January 1945. Backdrop was the criticism of the Messerschmitt P.1106 designs and Messerschmitt P.1110 with regard to their high surface loading. Nowarra denotes the P.1111 as tailless model in all-metal construction, which was developed from the P.1110 / I. The P.1111 had a very clean aerodynamics and a simple scale air intake for the engine.
However, the project P.1111 could not convince the Air Force leadership. The main criticism was to accommodate the entire fuel depletion in the wings, which would thus represent too high a risk of fire. Messerschmitt developed then the Messerschmitt P.1112, which is largely oriented to the project P.1111.
- Wingspan: 9.16 m ( 45 ° sweep )
- Wing area: 28 m²
- Length ( oa ): 8.92 m
- Height: 3.06 m
- Tank capacity after Nowarra: 1.200 l in six tanks
- Tank capacity after Schick / Meyer: 1250 kg
- Empty weight: 2740 kg
- Flying weight: 4282 kg including fuel
- Maximum speed: 995 km / h in 7000 m height
- Service ceiling: 14,000 m
- Armament: 2 x MK 108 in the fuselage nose and 2 x MK 108 in the wing fuselage transition