Metropolitan Borough of Hammersmith
The Metropolitan Borough of Hammersmith was a district in the metropolitan area of the British capital London, with the status of a metropolitan borough. It existed from 1900 to 1965 and was in the western part of the former county of County of London.
The district was created from the former individual Civil parish Hammersmith, which was separated in 1834 from Fulham. The parish was in the county of Middlesex and was from 1855 to the catchment area of the Metropolitan Board of Works. 1889 came to Hammersmith County of London, eleven years later, the conversion was followed in a metropolitan borough.
The area was 2288 acres ( 9.26 km ²). The census revealed the following population figures: