The MF 67 Series is a vehicle type of the Paris transport company RATP. With about 1480 vehicles in several sub- types, it is the most common type of vehicle the Paris Métro.
In 1931, the company Michelin front of a light railcars for railroads, whose wheels were fitted with air-filled rubber tires. The benefits were a smoother running to the better acceleration and braking and grade ability came.
The on July 19 opened in 1900 Métro ( subway ) of Paris experimented from August 1951 rubber-tyred trains. The results were convincing and led to the conversion of the line 11 to this system, which was completed in 1957. In subsequent years, the lines 1 and 4 was changed, more should follow.
However, the reconstruction of lines 1 and 4 proved to be a costly and time-consuming than expected. It was anticipated that the conversion of the entire network would continue until the turn of the century. This period was not to bridge the existing guidelines of the pre-war type Sprague -Thomson for conventional lines.
Prototypes and the first production run
In June 1966, the RATP therefore decided to order two, consisting of six cars preseries trains and 40 five - car trains ( MF 67 A). Here the letter "M" for matériel ( roulant ) (= rolling stock ), "F" for copper ( = iron, as opposed to " P " = pneu / tires) and the number for the year of first appointment. To their performance with the to be able to compare the rubber-tired vehicles MP, all bogies of a train should be driven and have electric dynamic brakes. Thus was created as a prototype at Brissoneau et Lotz train (MF 67 W2), which - as a loner - beaded up on two trim had unlakierte car bodies made of stainless steel. The bogies of the five railcars ( including three without cab ) had two motors. The car bodies supplied by the CIMT second Vorserienzugs (MF 67 W1 ) met the standard vehicles. His bogies had a motor, the Duewag yielded only one.
To the two Endtriebwagen and the three führerstand loose railcars preseries trains each one unpowered sidecar was delivered for testing purposes for which such Series cars were not provided. The latter train W1 came on 21 December 1967, the line 3 as a 5 -car train in passenger traffic, midway between the motor car of the sidecar was queued. The train W2, was placed with the same car sequence, in September 1968 in service. He was known as " Zébulon " and later came to the lines 7 and 9 are used. In the early 1980s, he was turned off and then used for training purposes. In early 2011 he was scrapped, but a railcar with control compartment remained. After reconstruction and queuing a second sidecar of W1 runs still on the line 3
The series procurement divided into 20 trains of the type A1 (bogies with a motor ) and 20 trains of the type A2 (bogies with two engines). The car bodies were made of a steel -copper alloy, the front of the cab was made of synthetic resin based on polyester. The 15.145 m long motor coach with cab weighed 26.5 tonnes, 14.39 m long führerstand loose railcars 25.0 t. The four double-leaf doors per car side had a clear width of 1.3 m. The original color was light blue, the car of the first class were light yellow.
Down to a speed of 10 km / h was braked by the brake resistor, including electro. The A2 cars were equipped with drum brakes, the A1 car with disc brakes. An A1- railcar had a total output of 490 HP ( 2 motors à 245 PS), an A2 railcar of 580 hp ( 4 motors à 145 hp).
The MF 67 A1 ( M car numbers 10011-10050 ) and MF 67 A2 (M 10051-10090 ) were placed on the line 3 between July 1968 and April 1971 in service.
Second production run
The new cars used on line 3 proven itself in technical terms and in the eyes of the passengers. Therefore, in 1969 more at the same producers vehicles of the type MF 67 were ordered. The 115 Railcars with a motor bogie per (MF 67 C1) and 238 railcars with two motors per bogie (MF 67 C2) were similar to the previous series. Were Improves smoothness and noise. The goal was to completely re- equip the line with line 7 " twin-engined " vehicles with 3 " single-engine ". The delivery took place from June 1971 to October 1973.
Change the concept - model series D, E and F
War with the use of pure railcar sets the goal has been pursued to achieve benefits similar to rubber-tyred trains MP, this intention was particularly discarded due to the tight budget and the long delivery times. For future orders trains were favored of three engines and two sidecar to go with the option also available with four engines and only a sidecar. In 1973, the RATP ordered at Brissoneau et Lotz 16 " twin-engined " railcars. Furthermore, ordered 363 sidecar (MF 67 D), including 156 with a control compartment ( MF 67 DS). The first trailers were delivered in September 1974, again used on lines 3 and 7. The released führerstand loose railcars allowed trains that were performed on both sides of the new drive-less control car. Twelve of them came on the line 9 and four on the line 13 for use. At the same time not the first time the complete exchange of equipment has been practiced on a line, but mixed traffic with the existing trains.
170 railcars of the type MF were 67 E ( with two motors per bogie ) ordered for the line 12, including 144 vehicles with control compartment, as well as 112 non-driven sidecar. The need to renew the material of the extended lines to the suburbs, however, led to the use on the lines 8 and 10 The railcar production run of these were equipped with regenerative braking and painted dark blue. Delivery period was from July 1975 to December 1976.
The last sub- series consisted of 247 railcars of the type MF 67 F, dis differed from the type E by single-engine bogies with air suspension. 104 of these vehicles possessed a control compartment. The first of the vehicles in 1974 ordered arrived in 1976 and replaced temporarily the MF line 13, who migrated to the line 14. When the two lines were joined in November 1976 on the new line 13, this could be operated with modern rolling stock.
1977 was the line 12, the first trains of types D and E. In 1978, the last thirteen MF 67 were delivered, the series represented the most numerous was grown in the car park of the RATP. In 1999, vehicles operated on lines 2, 3, 3 bis, 5, 9, 10 and 12 on the line 13, she had already been replaced at this time of the MF 77.
In 2013, MF 67, MF 88 Line 7 bis run on conventional lines (metal wheels ) 3, 3 bis, 5, 9, 10 and 12 The lines 7, 8 and 13 are traversed by trains of MF 77, The modern "iron" - MF 01 can be found on lines 2 and 5
As before, the MF form 67 to 205 trains (usually à five cars, three- car trains on the line 3 bis, four- car trains for training and special operations ) the largest contingent to the conventionally operated lines. Their use is provided by the year 2025.
The trains running on standard gauge trains of lateral busbar with a DC voltage of 700 volts. A five -car train is 75.4 meters long and can accommodate 425 passengers. The speed limit is 80 km / h Each car has four double-leaf doors per side.
In addition to the prototype trains W1 ( still used ) and W2 ( scrapped ), there was more unusual vehicles:
- As the third prototype of the five -car train C1A (one motor per bogie ) with car bodies made of aluminum. The train was delivered in 1973 as the W2 2011 scrapped.
- As the fourth prototype 5 -car train C2A ( two motors per bogie ) with car bodies made of aluminum. Because the interior decorated in shades of pink in 1974 delivered train was surnamed presented box ( confectionery box). Two of his railcars were converted to non-powered sidecar.
- 1975 was delivered as the final prototype of the " Steuerwagenzug " CS. Two of his car escaped scrapping, one of which serves as a core element of the fire department.
- 16 non-driven sidecar of the type MF 67 CX as a supplement for the trains of line 3 Two of these cars were made in 1975 testbed for outswinging doors of succession MF 77