Michael F. Feldkamp
Feldkamp visited until graduation 1982 high school Carolinum in Osnabrück and studied after completing compulsory military service in September 1983 at the Rheinische Friedrich- Wilhelms University in Bonn history, Catholic theology, pedagogy and philosophy among others, Hans Pohl, Klaus Hildebrand, Rudolf Schieffer, Gabriel Adriányi and Hubert Müller. 1985/1986 he studied for one academic year Church History at the Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome with a focus on diplomatics and Auxiliary Historical Sciences at Paulius Rabikauskas and Erwin Gatz.
In 1990, he put on the state examination board in Cologne, Bonn branch office, the first state examination for teachers from. 1986 and 1990 to 1991, Feldkamp fellow at the German Historical Institute in Rome. After promoting his doctoral project from the Cusanuswerk in 1992 he was phil in December of the same year in Bonn Raymund Kottje Dr.. doctorate.
Beginning of 1993 was Feldkamp as a research assistant in the archives of the German Bundestag to the processing of Edition The Parliamentary Council from 1948 to 1949. Documents or records entrusted. 1996/97 Feldkamp was in that branch of the Institute of Contemporary History (Munich ) operates, which gives then under the direction of the historian Hans -Peter Schwarz at the Foreign Office, the documents relative to foreign policy of the Federal Republic of Germany out. Since the year 2000, Feldkamp editor or editor of the data handbook on the history of the German Bundestag.
Feldkamp published for the Diocese of Osnabrück history from the late Middle Ages to the early modern period and the history of Pope diplomacy, the Cologne nuncio and to scientific and University history.
He became known abroad with his contributions on the relationship of the Catholic Church to National Socialism. His work entitled Pius XII. and Germany from 2000 pursued the goal of the complex state of research almost bring a wider audience and stand out as usual by the accusations or apologetic writings on this subject. At the same time it was the first science-based response to John Cornwell's book Pius XII. - The Pope, who has been silent. Feldkamp corrected the views Cornwell about the history of the Serbian Concordat of 1916 and pointed to glaring translation errors in Italian language documents in the English as in the German edition.
With his book on Goldhagen's unwilling church Feldkamp finally came towards positions Daniel Goldhagen; this had on the field Kamps view on the basis of prejudice, counterfeiting and apparently deliberate mistranslations Pope Pius XII. unfairly depicted as anti-Semites and Nazi friend.
In his concise study of Kurt Georg Kiesingers membership in the NSDAP (2005) Feldkamp documented in the journal highlands of Ernst- Wolfgang Böckenförde 1960/61, published and controversial thesis about the special vulnerability of the Catholic academic youth of Nazi ideas at the end of the Weimar Republic. This was accompanied - as Feldkamp - since the mid-1920s to constative departure from the ancestors of the Centre Party; these were still imbued with the spirit of the Kulturkampf, but ventured from within any modernization of the Centre Party, the apparently successful mitregierte in various coalitions since the beginning of the Weimar Republic.
In Germany Field Kamps found studies on the genesis of the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany more interest. Five of the 14 volumes Edition The Parliamentary Council from 1948 to 1949. Documents or records were edited by him, including, inter alia, that band that documents the relationships of the Parliamentary Council to the military governors of the Western allied occupying powers, as well as the minutes of the Finance Committee and the Joint Committee.
Since 2000, Feldkamp deals with the beginnings of the German Bundestag and has this smaller biographical studies of Erich Köhler, Hermann Ehlers, Karl Mommer, Paul Lobe and presented on the relationship between Konrad Adenauer and Kurt Schumacher as well as co -author for the federal police and the ushers published in the Bundestag. - Furthermore, Feldkamp has 2012 as part of a biographical sketch of Franz Nüsslein (published 2013) with the obituary affair in the Foreign Office is concerned.
Feldkamp published both on topics from the early modern period as well as on contemporary issues and has worked as a speechwriter and ghostwriter.
Wolfram Weimer counted Feldkamp on the basis of the scientific and journalistic commitment in 2012 to the "800 most important representative (s ) of modern Catholicism in Germany ".
Posts inter alia, in: Osnabrück releases ( since 1982), Roman quarterly magazine for Christian Archaeology and church history (since 1986), Archivum Historiae Pontificiae (since 1990), sources and research from Italian archives and libraries ( since 1991), quarterly magazine for social - and economic history (since 1991), Roman Historical releases (since 1992/1993 ), Encyclopedia of Theology and Church ( 3rd Edition: 1993-2001), MUT (since 2001), Dictionary of German history from 1945 to 1990 ( ed. by Michael Behnen, 2002), journal of parliamentary questions (since 2002), the daily Mail (since 2010), Academia ( since 2011 ), Academic Monatsblätter (since 2013), Lower Saxon monastery Book ( 2012) and co-author in the Commemorative for Raymund Kottje (1992 ) Gabriel Adriányi (2000 and 2012 ), Herman H. Schwedt ( 2000), Leonard E. Boyle (2000 ), Friedrich P. Kahlenberg (2000 ), Christoph Weber (2008 ), Wilhelm Imkamp (2011), Karsten Ruppert (2013 ) and Harm Klueting (2014).
Studies on the history of the Church of Northern Germany and the Osnabrück country's history
- The statutes of the Jesuit University of Osnabrück and its faculties 1632-1633, in: Osnabrück Releases 91 (1986 ), pp. 85-139.
- The appointment of the suffragan bishops and vicars general Osnabrück in the time of " successio alternativa " according to Roman sources, in: Roman quarterly magazine for christian ¬ tion Ancient Studies and Church History 81 (1986 ), pp. 229-247
- The Jesuit Mission to Bremen 1648-1773, in: Archivum Societatis Jesus Historicum 59 (1990 ), pp. 27-74
- The estate of the composer, diplomat and Bishop Agostino Steffani (1654-1728) in the archives of Propaganda Fide, in: Sources and Research in Italian archives and libraries 72 ( 1992), pp. 230-313 (online)
- On the importance of " successio alternativa " in the Bishopric of Osnabrück during the 17th and 18th centuries. In: Sheets for German Regional History 130 (1994), pp. 75-110 (online).
- John Alting (1587-1652) - Jesuit rector of the University of Osnabrück and companion of Bishop Franz Wilhelm von Wartenberg. A picture of life in the age of confessionalisation, in: Osnabrück Releases 100 (1995), pp. 75-116
Studies on the Pope diplomacy
- The Tribunal and fee structure of the Nunciature of Madrid from 1611, in: Archivum Historiae Pontificiae 30 ( 1992), pp. 363-384.
- Bulls of Nuncios and legacies. For usage of the term " bull " in the early modern period, in: Roman Historical Releases 34/35 (1992/ 1993), pp. 133-138
- Studies and texts on the history of Cologne Nunciature. 4 vols, Vatican City 1993, 1995 and 2008, ISBN 8885042228 - ISBN 888504221X - ISBN 8885042279 - ISBN 9,788,885,042,513th
- The European Nunciatures in the early modern period with special reference to Lucerne Nunciature, in: Journal of Swiss Church History 88 (1994 ), pp. 27-48.
- The relations of the Federal Republic of Germany to the Holy See from 1949 to 1966. From the Vatican documents of the Foreign Office. A documentation. Cologne et al 2000, ISBN 3,412,033,995th
- La Pontificia diplomazia. Since Silvestro I a Giovanni Paolo II, Milano 1998 ( French translation: Paris 2001 [ ISBN 2204064521 ]; span Translation: Madrid, 2004 [ ISBN 8479146974 ].
- Secret and effective. About 1000 years Diplomacy of the Popes. Augsburg 2010, ISBN 9,783,867,441,506th
Studies on the formation of the Basic Law
- The Parliamentary Council from 1948 to 1949. Documents or records. Vol 8, ISBN 3-7646-1946-5 ( review in FAZ), Vol 10 (ISBN 3-486-56232-0 ), Vol 11 (ISBN 3-486-56279-7 ), Vol 12 ( ISBN 3-486-56379-3 ), and 14 (ISBN 9783486565645 ). Harald Boldt Verlag, Boppard, or Oldenbourg, Munich from 1995 to 2009.
- The Parliamentary Council from 1948 to 1949. Göttingen 1998, ISBN 3525013663 ( review at H -Soz -u-Kult ). Revised edition. With a foreword by Bundestag President Norbert Lammert, Göttingen 2008, ISBN 9783525367551 ( review in Parliament, review in time and review in the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung ).
- The emergence of the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany in 1949. Stuttgart 1999, ISBN 3,150,170,206th
- Comments on original and facsimile editions of the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany of 23 May 1949. Magazine for parliamentary questions 35 (2004 ), pp. 199-219.
- The Parliamentary Council and the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany in 1948 until 1949. Option for European Integration and the German unit. Edited by the Konrad -Adenauer -Stiftung, Berlin 2008, ISBN 9783940955098 ( online ( PDF, 692 kB) on the website of the Konrad Adenauer Foundation ).
Studies on Catholicism and Nazism
- Pius XII. and Germany. Göttingen 2000, ISBN 3525340265 ( text on Google Books, review on H -Soz -u-Kult ).
- The "representative " of Rolf Hochhuth in the interior and foreign policy of the Federal Republic of Germany. With an appendix of selected documents in the file from the Vatican documents of the Foreign Office. In: History of the Diocese of Aachen, Supplement 2, 2001/2002: Pope Pius XII. to John XXIII. Published by the Historical Society e for the Diocese of Aachen V., Neustadt a d Aisch 2001, pp. 127-177.
- Goldhagen unwilling church. Old and new fakes on Church and Pope during the Nazi rule, Munich 2003, ISBN 3789281271st
- Kiesinger and his Berlin student corporation Askania on the way to the "Third Reich". In: Günter Spell / Philipp Gassert / Peter Thaddeus Lang ( ed.): Kiesinger 1904-1988. From Ebingen the Chancellery. Edited on behalf of the Konrad -Adenauer -Stiftung eV, Herder Verlag, Freiburg im Breisgau 2005, pp. 149-199, ISBN 3,451,230,062th
- Follower, cowards, anti-Semites? Catholic Church and Nazism. Augsburg 2009, ISBN 9,783,867,440,653th
Studies of science and university history
- Pius XI. and Paul Fridolin Kehr. Encounters two scholars, in: Archivum Historiae Pontificiae 32 (1994 ), pp. 293-327.
- Just Leo: Letters to Hermann Cardauns, Paul Fridolin Kehr, Aloys Schulte, Heinrich Finke, Albert Brackmann and Martin Spahn 1923-1944. Edited, introduced and annotated by Michael F. Feldkamp, Frankfurt am Main, including 2002, ISBN 3631389310 ( review at H -Soz -u-Kult and review in the newspaper, see also review note to FAZ on perlentaucher.de ).
- 150 years of Catholic Student Association Askania Burgundia in cartel Association of Catholic German student associations (KV) in Berlin from 1853 to 2003. Berlin 2006 ( online; PDF, 2.4 MB).
- Helmut Coing: For arts and sciences. Life story of a European legal scholars, ed., Annotated and with an afterword by Michael F. Feldkamp, Berlin 2013 ISBN 978-3-428-14253-8
Studies in the History of the German Bundestag
- The German Bundestag - 100 questions and answers. Baden -Baden: 1st edition 2009, ISBN 9783832935269; 2nd edition 2013 ISBN 9783832956080 ( review in Parliament and review in the New Osnabrück newspaper ).
- Karl Mommer and the beginnings of the German Bundestag. In: Julia von Blumenthal, Helmar Beautiful (ed.): parliamentary research in Germany. Results and perspectives 40 years after the publication of Gerhard Loewe mountain standard work on the German Bundestag ( = Studies on the parliamentary system. Vol. 13). Nomos Publishing Company, Baden- Baden 2009, ISBN 978-3-8329-4621-0, pp. 231-256.
- " Hammelsprung " and symbolism in the Reichstag parliament building of the Imperial period. Additions to the article by Kai Count, in: Journal of parliamentary questions 39 (2008 ), pp. 35-41.
- (together with Dirk Kunze :) With tails in Parliament. A contribution to the parliamentary culture and political symbolism in the German Bundestag. With a foreword by the President of the German Bundestag Norbert Lammert, Baden -Baden 2009, ISBN 9783832935252 ( review in Parliament ).
- The President of the Bundestag. Office - Function - person. 16th legislature, ed. by Michael F. Feldkamp, Munich 2007, ISBN 978-3-7892-8201-0; 17th electoral term, Munich 2011, ISBN 978-3-7892-8213-3.
- Data Handbook on the history of the German Bundestag 1990 to 2010. Baden -Baden 2011, ISBN 9783832962371 (online with search option on the website of the German Bundestag, review in Business Week and review in Parliament ).
- (along with Ralph hedgehog :) The Police President of the Bundestag parliament in historical perspective, in: Journal of parliamentary questions 44 (2013 ), Issue 1, pp. 126-136.
- The interjection " The Chancellor of the Allies " and the parliamentary resolution of the conflict between Konrad Adenauer and Kurt Schumacher in autumn 1949 In: From freedom, solidarity and subsidiarity - the state and society of the modern theory and practice in honor of Karsten Ruppert to 65. .. birthday, Edited by Mark Raasch and Tobias Hirschmüller ( = Contributions to Political Science, Vol 175 ), Duncker & Humblot: Berlin, 2013, ISBN 978-3-428-13806-7, pp. 665-708.
- Regent lists and genealogy of the history of Europe. From the Middle Ages to the present, Stuttgart 2002, ISBN 3,150,170,346th
- Franz novel Nüßlein (1909-2003) and the so-called " Obituary affair of the Foreign Office in 2005, in: 1863-2013. Festschrift for the 150th foundation celebration of the Catholic Student Association Arminia, Bonn, 2013, pp. 74-101. ISBN 978-3-00-041979-9