Michel Bach ( Westerwald) is a municipality in the district of Old Churches ( Westerwald) in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality Old churches. Districts are Michel Bach and Aries stone.
Michel Bach is located about a mile ( Aries stone about three kilometers ) east of the center of old churches, near the federal road 8 and below the national road 414 in the valley of Wied. The river flows south directly to the settlement, completely surrounded by Wiedwanderweg. Fields, meadows and mixed forest surrounding the local church. The coniferous forest between Michel Bach, Aries Stone and Borod and north of the village on the railway line Limburg- old churches is managed by a forest prospective shaft.
The district Aries stone ( with 15 residential buildings and a small village hall ) is located about two kilometers east of the main village in Wiedtal, framed by the 300 meter high Herzberg and Pfahlberg. The old school, Michel Mühle and a Aussiedlerhof ( Heidehof ) Between Michel Bach and Aries stone.
In prehistoric times, lay on the Herzberg called mountain spur above the Aries stone ramparts Herzburg. Archaeological monuments and place names give evidence of earlier settlement. This hilltop is circled by the Wied and is strategically located between the old " Cologne - Frankfurt - road " (now Federal Street 8) and the old Cologne - Leipzig Street ( now the Federal Road 414).
The house Aries stone was first documented in 1346. At that time, the settlement was called " Leckerrode "; in the document is the knight Albrecht of Wiedersbach, later Aries Stone, awarded the Good Leckerrode below Ingelbach by Count Johann von Sayn as a fief. Documentary references to Michel Bach along with find mention in the book of miracles Hilgenroth of 1428 and 1432, in which citizens of " Mychelenbach " or " Mychelbach ".
The oldest document that refers to residents of Michel Bach, dates back to 1464 and involves an exchange of serfs. Around 1520 the Cassius - pin possessed in Bonn Fundamental Rights, which it sold in 1573 to Count Heinrich von Sayn. A mill is from 1577 first detected in Michel Bach.
1820 Michel Bach had 22 fireplaces and 126 inhabitants, of which 22 school children; Aries Stone had five fireplaces and 27 souls, but no school children. Since 1843 Michel Bach finally had its own school, the two formerly independent municipalities Michel Bach and Aries stone closed in 1848 to a school community together, and in 1938 the municipality of Michel Bach. Due to its proximity to the city of Old Churches, the population of the town rose in the years between 1939 to 1961 by 39.5 %.
The early 1980s conducted village renewal changed the character of the village considerably; this was particularly the case by shifting the upper portion of the central road towards Aries stone. While the narrow village street before the hill wound up, this section is straightened out today. To this end, several farm buildings were demolished. Today there is a large playground of the village. An extension of the inhabitants learned Michel Bach in the 1970/1980er years through the streets " In Schleedörn " / " south route ", " In Beulsgarten " and in the 2000s by the development area "Upper Village Garden ".
The development of the population, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Michel Bach ( Westerwald) consists of twelve council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 by majority vote, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
The here the leading of old churches after Ingelbach trail leads past the southern outskirts of the village, with two pedestrian bridges, dam, millrace and Wade
The five-storey main building from 1847 has six grinders. Next to this building is the historic mill building; this now includes a hydroelectric power plant, the water of Wied continues to provide for the required energy - a turbine rotates in a water jet and generates electricity for the electric grinders. The Michel Mühle is the largest mill operating in the chamber district of Koblenz. It is the nationwide annual Mill Day ( " open day " ) to visit.
Truss Quereinhaus, partly solid or disguised, 1800
Former half-timbered barn ( thatched roof )
Former school building, Krüppelwalmdachbau, partially verschiefert, 1910 (private collection)
Ashlar piers located south of the town situated on the main road
→ List of cultural monuments in Michel Bach