The Miesbach located south of the Bavarian administrative region of Upper Bavaria. Neighboring areas are in the north of the district of Munich, in the eastern district of Rosenheim, in the south the Austrian province of Tyrol with the districts of Kufstein and Schwaz and west of the district of Bad Tölz- Wolfratshausen.
- 3.1 Landrichter
- 3.2 District Officers
- 3.3 District Administrators
- 3.4 Kreistag
- 3.5 District Partnerships
- 3.6 Coat of Arms
- 3.7 flag
- 4.1 Economics
- 4.2 traffic
The county lies in the Bavarian Oberland and includes both Alpine and pre-Alpine terrain. The largest lakes are the Tegernsee, Schliersee, the Seehamer lake and the Spitzingsee. Divided is the county area through the three valleys of the Mangfall, the Schlierach and Leitzach and through which belongs to the Munich gravel plain area around wooden churches and Otterfing. The highest mountain is the Croda Rossa with 1884 m, the most famous of the Wendelstein with 1838 m.
The Miesbach is made up of the historic territory of the former free imperial county Hohenwaldeck, from parts of the former Abbey of Tegernsee, from the territory of the monastery Weyarn and the County Valley and the former to the district court Aibling belonging Leitzachtales.
The basis was the 1803 district court reasoned Miesbach which took the place of the judicial district of the county Hohenwaldeck. Created in 1818 from the dominion Tegernsee court of the same district court. Both district courts were part of the Isar circle, which was renamed in 1838 in Upper Bavaria. This year, the district court Aibling was built. To this end, had to give twelve municipalities, the district court Judgement. On the occasion of the separation of administrative and judicial originated in 1862 from the District Courts Miesbach Tegernsee and the district office rotten creek. 1939, the district was renamed Miesbach or the district office in the district office rotten creek. As part of the 1972 local government reorganization, the county Mies Bach was changed only slightly and that the community Otterfing was assigned to the Miesbach from the previous district Wolfratshausen.
The Miesbach won 1988-2008 nearly 13,000 residents added or increased by around 15%.
The following numbers refer to the territorial status of 25 May 1987.
In the district election on 30 March 2014, Wolfgang Rzehak ( Alliance 90/The Greens ) sat with 53.46 % against Norbert Kerkel ( FWG ) in the runoff by.
The last local elections resulted in the following seat distribution in the council:
There are partnerships with the Borough of Tewkesbury, England, the district of Zwickau in Saxony land and the District Team Schwaz in Tyrol.
Coat of arms
Blazon: ". Argent above a gestümmelter, gold reinforced, red falcon with outstretched wings over two obliquely crossed red bars down over blue water waves with two stalks crossed green Seeblätter "
The consent of the Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior to the adoption and maintenance of a coat of arms was granted by resolution of 15 September 1955. The proposal to refer to the historical landmark of Hohenwaldeck and Tegernsee for the design of the coat of arms, the time came from the district committee and the district council.
Coat of Arms Meaning: The gestümmelte red hawk on two diagonally crossed rods is the symbol for Hohenwaldeck. The Waldecker come from the Bavarian nobility of Faganen, which had its seat in today's vague in Mangfalltal. It is the old ancestral coat of arms Waldecker. The falcon is the heraldic symbol of the ancient knightly family of Neuburg- Falkensteiner whose new castle in vague bore the name " Falkenstein ". The crossed bars can on the jurisdiction, but also on the activity of the Waldecker in the clearing of the area around Lake Schliersee in the 12th/13th. Century point. The crossed with the stems so-called Seeblätter over waves are the oldest known coat of arms pin from Tegernsee. The coat of arms image refers to the name and location of the monastery on the lake.
Description: green and white represent the colors of the Tegernsee monastery. The colors silver (or white) and red stands for the noble family Waldecker. This goes back to the fact that the western district was the area of the monastery of Tegernsee and the eastern district of the county Hohenwaldeck which was independent until 1806 belonged.
The flag has since 23 October 2011, the official flag of the district Miesbach and will be hoisted at official events and meetings.
Economy and infrastructure
The income tax power per inhabitant in 2004 was at 325 euro ( national average 216). The purchasing power per capita in 2005 was ( national average 8,523 ) at 9,366 euros. In July 2011, the unemployment rate in the county at 2.6 %, much lower than the national average.
Important for the traffic in Miesbach one hand, commuters towards Munich and on the other hand the excursion traffic in the mountains. In Miesbach the three junctions wooden churches, Weyarn and Deer Mountain are the motorway A8 Munich -Salzburg.
In 1857 the Bavarian State Maximiliansbahn opened its route Munich - Rosenheim wooden churches. In wooden churches from the " Miesbacher coal union " Built 1861 Wooden Churches - Miesbacher Railway branched off, which was extended in 1869 by the Bavarian State Railways to Schliersee and 1911 to Bavarian Zell. The second state railway track in the foothills of the Alps led from 1874 by wooden churches to Bad Tolz and since 1924 until Lenggries. In Schaftlach began in 1883 the branch line of the Tegernsee -Bahn to Gmund, which was extended in 1902 to Tegernsee. It is operated continuously since 1998 as well as the routes to Bavarian Zell and Lenggries by Bayerische Oberland Bahn GmbH from and to Munich.
The Regional Oberbayern operates a number of bus routes. On the Tegernsee, the Bavarian Lakes shipping offers excursions.
In May 2013 58.300 cars and 7,000 motorcycles were registered in the district of Landshut. With 615 cars per 1000 population level of motorisation lies significantly above the national average of 517 Especially in the rural communities without direct rail connection of car ownership in part is over 650 per 1,000 inhabitants. With a share of 19.6% of Miesbach also has the highest density of all-wheel drive passenger cars in Germany.
Cities and Towns
(Population at 31 December 2012)
Towns and villages of the district before the municipal reform 1971/78
Until the local government reform in 1971/78, the county Mies Bach had 29 communities ( see list below).
In the south of the county bordering on the Austrian state of Tyrol. In the west, the district limited to the district of Bad Tölz, in the northwest to the county Wolfratshausen, in the north and north-east by the district of Bad Aibling and on the east by the district of Rosenheim.
The communities of the county Miesbach before the municipal reform 1971/78. (Municipalities, which still exist today are written in bold. )
The district is 22 (as of September 2013) are the Bavarian State Office for Environmental designated geological sites. See the list of geological sites in Miesbach