The Miltenberg district is a district in the west of the Bavarian Regierungsbezirk of Lower Franconia. Neighboring districts are in the north of the district of Aschaffenburg, and the independent city of Aschaffenburg, in the eastern district of Main -Spessart and the Baden-Württemberg Main- Tauber district, in the south of also Baden-Württemberg Neckar- Odenwald-Kreis and west of the Hessian Odenwald and the Darmstadt- Dieburg.
- 4.1 traffic
- 4.2 Renewable Energy
The district of Miltenberg has the south and west share of the Odenwald and the North East at Spessart. Both parts of the mountain determine almost the entire district area and are separated by the valley. The Main complex east of Faulbach the circular area where it forms the border with Baden- Württemberg to Freudenberg and Kirschfurt. West of Freudenberg river Main flows directly into the circle area to the west, turns north near Miltenberg and leaves the district north of the low mountain and Sulzbach towards Aschaffenburg. The landscape on Main is known here as the Lower Main level.
The highest elevations within the circular area in the Spessart are in the Old Forst of cross- mountain with 567 meters, the adjacent crop beak with 550 yards and Agnes height of 513 meters in the district Eschau, near the county border with Aschaffenburg, near the Geishöhe. The Pfaff mountain, 432 meters, with its transmitter (municipality Besse Bach), forms the common border with the neighboring county of Aschaffenburg. As märkisches area except the city of Aschaffenburg owns about 480 acres of forest with the known high -Wart - house.
The highest elevation in the district of the Odenwald The Kolli at Kirchzell -Breitenbach, which forms the border with the state of Baden- Württemberg with 547 meters. Approximately 500 meters to the west since 1837 featuring a 1.3 -meter high landmark the triangle on which collide the boundaries of Baden, Bavaria and Hesse. Good 4 kilometers to the north is the village of Breitenbuch representing the "Roof of the district of Miltenberg ," for he is at 512 meters above sea level the highest town in Kreisbebiet.
All cities of the circle - except Amorbach - are in the Main valley, which has become the industrial, transport and trade route in today's district area since the late 19th century.
The area of present-day district of Miltenberg belonged predominantly to the Archbishopric of Mainz before 1800. 1803, the southern part of the Principality of Leiningen, with whom he became in 1806 the Grand Duchy of Baden incorporated. As of 1810, this area belonged to the Grand Duchy of Hesse -Darmstadt and finally came in 1816 with the Kingdom of Bavaria. The northern part was in 1803 part of the Principality of Aschaffenburg and from 1810 the Grand Duchy of Frankfurt and arrived in 1814 at Bavaria. The Bavarian government then established the District Courts upper castle and Klingenberg. In the south of present-day county area, there was the so-called rule of courts Miltenberg, Klein Heubach and Amorbach. All dishes were part of the Lower Main Circle, which was renamed from 1838 in Lower Franconia. 1848, the district court Miltenberg Miltenberg dishes from the previous reign and small Heubach and the district court Amorbach from the same rule court was formed. Both formed in 1862, the district office Miltenberg. The two district courts upper castle and Klingenberg formed in 1862, the district office upper castle. 1939 from the previous district authorities the district offices or from the districts of the counties.
As part of local government reform in Bavaria on July 1, 1972, the district of Upper Castle was on Main ( without the places Wenigumstadt and Pflaumheim which are now districts of Grossostheim district of Aschaffenburg, ) to the district of Miltenberg and the space Stadtprozelten the former county Marktheidenfeld the new Miltenberg district united.
- Alfred Charles Kihn (1931-1938)
- Richard Galmbacher (1967-1972)
From the local government reform in 1972-1986 was Charles Oberle (CSU ) District. Since 1 November 1986, Roland swing (CSU ) District. His successor in 2014 in the runoff Jens Marco Scherf ( Alliance 90/The Greens ) has been selected. He received 50.05 % of the vote, making it the first green district of Germany, together with Wolfgang Rzehak in the district of Landshut.
The council consists of 60 members, which are divided (result of the local elections 2008 ) as follows:
- CSU 27
- SPD 12
- FW 9
- New center 3
- GREEN 4
- FDP 3
- ODP 2
Coat of arms
Blazon "Under the head of the shield with the Bavarian lozenges in red a silver pile shaft; before a sechsspeichiges Silver Wheel; behind three silver spikes ". Coat of Arms history By merging the districts of Miltenberg am Main and Upper Castle today's Miltenberg district was created. The circular area belonged to the secularization for the most part to the Electorate of Mainz, and then the " Mainzer Rad " refers in the coat of arms. It was also part of the coat of arms of the old districts of Miltenberg ( see above) and upper castle. The vertical shaft pole stands for the geographical location of the district on Main, The river runs in the district from north to south. The Silver tips in red (the " Franconian Rake " ) indicate the membership of francs. The diamonds are for Bavaria. The coat of arms was granted on 25 May 1977.
Old county coat of arms
Blazon "Divided by a horizontal bar silver wave, above in red a silver sechsspeichiges wheel, down in green symbolized tools in Silver" Coat of Arms history The old coat of arms consists of a combination of the river Main ( the silver wave beams ), the wheel from the arms of the Electorate of Mainz and some hand tools from the stonemason professional. The district extends along the course of the River Main and the main industries were at the time of validity of the crest the sandstone processing, agriculture and forestry and logging operations. Agriculture and forestry are represented by the color green in the lower part of the coat of arms. A large part of the district was formerly part Electorate of Mainz, the offices Miltenberg, Amorbach, Klingenberg and large Heubach. The coat of arms was granted on 2 October 1963.
Economy and infrastructure
The Bavarian State Railways built in 1876 first described by Aschaffenburg manufactures a line main upward over the upper castle - Klingenberg to Miltenberg. This was extended up into Amorbach 1880 in the Odenwald and in 1899 advanced to the Baden pilgrimage Wallduern. In the Main Valley Railway reached in 1906 and 1912 Stadtprozelten the Baden town of Wertheim. Rail traffic has been operated since 2005 by the DB operation Westfrankenbahn.
A branch line led over 16.8 km, since January 1910, from the upper castle -Else field station by the Elsavatal in the Spessart in until Heimbuchenthal. Passenger traffic on the railway line upper castle -Else -field Heimbuchenthal was discontinued in May 1968.
Starting in 1911/12 led the line Aschaffenburg - Höchst ( Odenwald ) by Mömlingen (District of Upper Castle ), which at this railway line was a railway station. 1974 this railway line was discontinued.
Main artery of the district is the B 469, which binds as a feeder road to the A 3 the circle to the Rhine- Main area. Other main roads that run through the district area, the B 47 and B 426
The Main is a link of the rivers Rhine and Danube important for the European inland navigation.
A ferry connects Main Stadtprozelten with the Baden Mondfeld. Between Kirschfurt and the town of Freudenberg (Baden) is a bridge over the Main River. More Main bridges within the county: Large Heubach / Miltenberg North - Miltenberg / Bürgstadt, Miltenberg North - Miltenberg, United Heubach - Small Heubach, Klingenberg - Klingenberg / Trennfurt, Else field - Upper Castle, Kleinwallstadt / Sulzbach - Great Wall City / low mountain.
In the Miltenberg district Mainbullau is an airfield for sports and gliders.
In 2013, a wind farm is built with a total of five wind turbines of the type Nordex N117 in the county municipality Eichenbuhl. The wind turbines with a total capacity of 12 MW will be taken according to the project developer Green City Energy end of 2013 and will annually generate approximately 30 million kilowatt hours of green electricity. The turbines have a hub height of 141 meters and a rotor diameter of 117 meters. The systems are therefore especially designed for inland locations. The wind farm is partially financed by a special citizens' participation fund. This is to keep the citizens through financial contributions spot the value of investments in the region, strengthening the local economy.
Population development / company
While the northern part (former County Upper Castle), Rhine -Main area is inhabited by about 270 people per km ² still very urban, is the southern and eastern part of the district (former district of Miltenberg and former areas of the county Martkheidenfeld ) as the rest of area, Main -Tauber and the Main-Spessart district rather quite thinly populated with only about 115 inhabitants per km ². This situation will get even worse because, for example is assumed 1,500 inhabitants, while in the north to Lower Mountain / Great Wall City / Mömlingen the losses of Leidersbach / Eschau / monk mountain can be well captured - for Kirchzell with a decrease in population by 2040 from 2,200 to 1,400.
Cities and Towns
(Population at 31 December 2012)
Free community areas (8.8 km ²)
Towns and villages of the district before the municipal reform 1971/78
Before the local government reform of the Miltenberg district had 31 communities ( see list below). ( The towns that still exist today are in bold ):
Castles and fortresses in the district of Miltenberg
- Princely Leiningen - cal Palais Amorbach, Amorbach
- Templar House in Amorbach
- Ruin Clingenburg, Klingenberg am Main
- Ruin Kollenburg, Dorfprozelten
- Fechenbacher castle, Colle mountain
- Ruin Hennesburg, Stadtprozelten
- Klingenberg City Palace, Klingenberg am Main
- Castle Laudenbach, Laudenbach
- Schloss Lowenstein, Klein Heubach
- Mildenburg, Miltenberg
- Castle ruins Wildenberg, Kirchzell
- Water Castle Sommerau, Eschau
- Water Castle Oberaulenbach, Eschau
- Castle ruins Wildenstein, Eschau
Former Places in Miltenberg
In today's District area was between the municipalities of today Klingenberg ( district Röllfeld ) and large Heubach at least in the time between the beginning of the 13th century and 1630, the settlement Grub Ingen, who was the parish seat for Klingenberg, Röllfeld and Schmachtenberg with her church St. Michaelis. The rich parish church lost after the abandonment of the place in 1630, more and more influence on their branch churches in Röllfeld and Klingenberg. The church was demolished in 1778, the cemetery is still visible on the 1979 renovated enclosure.
The district is 18 (as of September 2013) are the Bavarian State Office for Environmental designated geological sites.
Since 1996 takes place at intervals of two years, the International Choir Competition of the district of Miltenberg on the second weekend of July in Elsenfelder community center instead.