The district Molundu ( 1912: Jukaduma ) was an administrative unit of the German colony of Cameroon. Seat of administration was the same government station Molundu (French Moloundou ) or from 1912 Jukaduma.
The district area lay in the extreme southeast Altkameruns and was bounded on the north by the district Dume, on the west by the district Lomié. In the south and east Dja and Sangha formed the border with French Equatorial Africa.
The indigenous population was composed of predominantly segmentally organized Bantu-speaking ethnic groups ( Kunabembe, Nzimu, Njem, Mbombo, Bomwali ).
The German occupation of the district area was in 1899 by the expedition of Lieutenant von Carnap - Quernheimb, the valorisation with the establishment of the station Sanga - Ngoko on the lower reaches of the Dja by Councillor Dr. Plehn. By Order dated January 3, 1911, the district was separated and made independent because of the increasing commercial activity in the region of the district Lomie. Molundu, the terminus of the southern main trade route from Kribi and Ebolowa was appointed District seat. As a result of unrest in the area of Jukaduma and the progressive shift of trade a sub post was there initially established under the direction of an African sergeant and transferred by order of May 18, 1912, the district administrative quite there. The district led known thereafter as the Jukaduma. In Molundu remained the government doctor and a customs officer, who received in addition to customs transactions limited to the settlements of the Ndzimu and Missanga management skills. The crew consisted of 65 man police force in Jukaduma and 45 soldiers and 30 inches guards in Molundu.
Following the integration Neukameruns the district in the south to the Republic of Congo today to related post area Ngoila ( Soufflay ) has been extended.
In World War I it was from 26 to 29 October 1914 heavy fighting near the village of Putu at the Sangha River ( about 100 km east of the station Molundu ). The unequal struggle between the 9th Company of the fort and the attacking Belgian-French associations who possessed armed Flussdamper, ended with the retreat of the German company to the west.