Location and data
Montedoro is located 33 km west of Caltanissetta. The inhabitants mainly work in agriculture work. There are cultivated cereals and grapes.
The town was founded in 1635 by Diego Aragona Tagliavia.
- Parish church, built in Baroque additions in the 18th century
- Angelo Rizzo (1926-2009), Bishop of Ragusa
- Salvatore Paruzzo ( b. 1945 ), bishop of Ourinhos