View over Fischweier the lower Moosalbtal
The Moosalb is a ten -mile river in the northern Black Forest, which opens at Fischweier from the left and west into the Alb.
The Moosalb springs from the Hüttlesbrunnen southeast of the hamlet level Moosbronn from Gaggenau to about 479 m above sea level. NN; a little further down the valley before Moosbrunn preferred source is located at the eastern edge of the nearby Bad Herrenalber local part Althof (48 ° 49 ' 51 " N, 8 ° 23 ' 42" O48.830958.3950472222222 ), just after the crossing on Gaggenau area another ( Lindenbrunnen ) on the edge of Moosbronn (48 ° 50 ' 12 " N, 8 ° 23' 20" O48.8365861111118.3889666666667 ).
The Moosalb flows predominantly in a north northwest direction. Four and a half kilometers to their top source it takes longer than single inlet from right on the snow stream. It opens after a run of 10.4 km to around 207 m above sea level. NN height at Fischweier from the left and west into the Alb.
Places on the mountain ranges are the right Moosalb of belonging to Marx cell site Burbach, left Völkersbach ( to paint ) and Schöllbronn ( Ettlingen ).
- Source inlet, from left to Bad Herrenalb - Althof at about 457 m above sea level. NN.
- Inlet from Lindenbrunnen from the left in Gaggenau - Moosbronn to below 450 m above sea level. NN.
- Snow Stream, right on the municipal boundary between Gaggenau and Marx cell about 344 m above sea level. NN, 2.969 km and 5.474 km ². Forest stream.
- Village stream, from left to below 320 m above sea level. NN, 0.911 km and 2.461 km ². Arises on the eastern edge of Malsch - Völkersbach to about 344 m above sea level. NN.
- Inflow from the right slightly before the Marxzeller Weimer mill at about 300 m above sea level. NN, 1.119 km and 0.389 km ². Occur while Marxzeller Wiesenhof to about 410 m above sea level. NN.
- Rimmel Bach, from the left to the Marxzeller Weimer mill at about 280 m above sea level. NN, 1.635 km. Arises at the Rimmel Hof the community Malsch to about 368 m above sea level. NN.
- Dorfwies Bach, from the left to the Schöllbronner mill from Ettlingen to about 232 m above sea level. NN, 1.265 km and 2.232 km ². Arises on the eastern edge of Ettlingen Schöllbronn to about 303 m above sea level. NN.
Landscape and protected areas
Geographically, the Albtal part of the Northern Black Forest - edge panels.
The Valley of Moosalb is named after the small village Herrenalber Althof and the adjoining hamlet Gaggenau Moosbronn that lie at the top run, uninhabited except for a few old mills and farms and it flows in it as far as possible to nature through tree- slope forests Talwiesen. On her right side accompanied the small river almost the entire length less traveled county road, on her left a trail.
The valley bottoms and lower slopes of the partly Albtals and its small inlets form the nature reserve Albtal and side valleys, lie in the numerous wet meadows and source zones. Within it lies the nature reserve Albtal plates and Herrenalber mountains, apart from the settlements on the edge heights that includes almost the entire rest of the catchment area.