Mueang Nakhon Nayok District
Amphoe Mueang Nakhon Nayok ( Thai อำเภอ เมือง นครนายก ) is a district ( Amphoe - administrative district ) in the province of Nakhon Nayok. The Nakhon Nayok province is located in the northeast of the central region of Thailand.
The capital of the district of Mueang Nakhon Nayok Nakhon Nayok is also called.
Nakhon Nayok is located on the northern edge of the great plain of the Chao Phraya River. Just beyond the city begins the wooded mountains. The city is located about 100 km from the capital Bangkok.
Neighbouring districts ( from southwest clockwise): Amphoe the Ongkharak and Ban Na of Nakhon Nayok, Amphoe Kaeng Khoi and the Muak Lek of Saraburi province, Amphoe Pak Chong Nakhon Ratchasima Province, Amphoe Pak Phli the turn of the province of Nakhon Nayok and Amphoe Ban Sang of Prachinburi Province.
The main water resources of the district are the Nakhon Nayok River and Khlong Tha Dan.
Economic importance and
Main product of the fertile plain around Nakhon Nayok is rice.
In Nakhon Nayok, there is Thailand's largest plant and horticultural center.
Nakhon Nayok was founded during the Dvaravati kingdom by about 1100. King Ramathibodi I. made the city in the early phase of Ayutthaya to the garrison town of the eastern border area against the Khmer.
The area of present-day county was formerly called Wang Krachom since the administration in Tambon Wang Krachom lay on the left bank of the Maenam Nakhon Nayok. The administration in 1896 moved to the right bank, and in 1931 the administration was moved to the building of the Provincial Court, as the previous building had become too old. A new administration building was opened on 18 January 1953.
On January 1, 1939, the district Mueang Nakhon Nayok was renamed in accordance with the name of the province. On January 1, 1943, the province was demoted and merged with the province of Prachinburi, although the county Ban Na became part of the province of Saraburi. The circle was then Amphoe Nakhon Nayok only. On 9 May 1946, the province was restored, and the District Mueang Nakhon Nayok renamed again.
- San Lak Mueang ( ศาลหลักเมือง ) - the City Pillar ( Lak Mueang ) was formerly a shrine near the old city wall in which stood about one meter high wooden column. Later the building was replaced by an elegant pavilion, which is highly revered by the city 's population today.
- Khao Yai National Park - one of the most beautiful protected areas of Thailand, which offers more than 2100 km ² many wild animals ( elephants besides also Tiger) protection.
- Sarika Waterfall ( น้ำตก สา ริกา ) - 15 kilometers east of the city, going about nine terraces, whose reservoirs are filled during the rainy season.
The circle is divided into 13 subdistricts (tambon ), which are further subdivided into 125 villages ( Muban ).
Nakhon Nayok itself ( Thai: เทศบาล เมือง นครนายก ) has a city - state ( thesaban Mueang ) and consists of the whole Tambon Nakhon Nayok and parts of the tambon Tha Chang, Ban Yai, Wang Krachom and Phrom Ni.
Tha Chang ( Thai: เทศบาล ตำบล ท่าช้าง ) has a small-town status ( thesaban tambon) and covers parts of the tambon Tha Chang.
There are also 12 Tambon Administration Organizations ( " Tambon Administrative Organizations" - TAO, Thai: องค์การ บริหาร ส่วน ตำบล ).
- The Royal Chulachomklao Military Academy ( โรงเรียน นาย ร้อย พระ จุลจอมเกล้า ) is located in Tambon Phrom Mani, Amphoe Mueang Nakhon Nayok.