Mueang Pattani District
Amphoe Mueang Pattani ( Thai: อำเภอ เมือง ปัตตานี ) is the central district ( Amphoe - administrative district ) in the province of Pattani. Pattani is the capital of the district Mueang Pattani, it is also the capital of the province of Pattani. The Pattani province is located southeast of South Thailand in the Gulf of Thailand.
Adjacent counties and regions are ( from east clockwise): Amphoe the Yaring, Yarang and Nong Chik. All Amphoe located in the province of Pattani. To the north lies the Gulf of Thailand.
The main water resource of the circle is the Maenam Pattani ( Pattani River, also abbreviated to " Maenam Tani " - Tani River called ).
The area of the circle was the center of the kingdom of Pattani. During the reign of King Phutthaloetla ( Rama II ), the Kingdom of Pattani was divided into seven city-states ( Müang ) to break the power of the often rebellious Sultan of Pattani on whose behest. The Mueang Pattani were, Yaha, Yaring, Nong Chik, Ra Ngae, Raman and Sai Buri. Pattani was officially appointed in 1901 to a district. When in 1906 King Chulalongkorn ( Rama V ) as part of its Thesaphiban management reform introduced the Monthon, Pattani was the central district of Pattani Monthon.
In Amphoe Mueang Pattani, a next- campus of Prince of Songkla University.
Amphoe Mueang Pattani is divided into 13 subdistricts ( tambon), which continued in 66 village communities ( Muban ) are divided.
Pattani ( Thai: เทศบาล เมือง ปัตตานี ) is also the name of a city ( Mueang thesaban ) in the district, it consists of the whole tambon Sabarang, Anoru and Chabang Tiko.
There are also 10 " Tambon Administrative Organizations" (TAO, องค์การ บริหาร ส่วน ตำบล - administrative organizations) in the district.