Mueang Phetchaburi District
Amphoe Mueang Phetchaburi ( Thai อำเภอ เมือง เพชรบุรี ) is a district ( Amphoe ) of the province ( Changwat ) Phetchaburi in the southwestern part of central Thailand. Phetchaburi is also a town in the district Mueang Phetchaburi as well as the capital of the Phetchaburi Province.
Phetchaburi is surrounded by high mountain ranges located about ten kilometers from the mouth of Maenam Phetchaburi in the Gulf of Thailand about 170 kilometers southwest of the provincial capital of Bangkok.
Neighboring districts ( from northeast clockwise): the Amphoe Ban Laem, Khao Yoi, Ban Lat, Tha Yang Phetchaburi Province, in the southeast lies the Gulf of Thailand.
The main river in the district is the Phetchaburi River.
The county was established in 1903. He was first called " Khlong Krachaeng " because its center in Tambon Khlong Krachaeng was.
Amphoe Mueang Phetchaburi is divided into 24 communes ( tambon), which further into 184 villages ( Muban ) are divided.
Phetchaburi ( Thai: เทศบาล เมือง เพชรบุรี ) itself has a city - state ( thesaban Mueang ) consists of the whole tambon Tha Rap and Khlong Krachaeng.
There are weiterghin two small towns ( Tambon thesaban ):
- Hua Saphan ( Thai: เทศบาล ตำบล หัว สะพาน ) consists of the Tambon Hua Saphan and Wang Tako,
- Hat Chao Sam Ran ( Thai: เทศบาล ตำบล หาด เจ้าสำราญ ) consists of the whole tambon Hat Chao Sam Ran.
There are a total of 18 " Tambon Administrative Organizations" (TAO, องค์การ บริหาร ส่วน ตำบล - administrative organizations).