43.99676111.3718Koordinaten: 43 ° 59 '48 " N, 11 ° 22' 18" O
The Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello is an Italian race track in the town of Scarperia, in the Mugello region north of Florence.
The track has a length of 5.245 km and is owned by Ferrari.
Currently takes place every year the Grand Prix of Italy at the World Motorcycle Championship races as well as some of the DTM. In addition, the runway is often used for Formula 1 test runs, especially from Ferrari.
- 2.1 External links
- 2.2 Notes and references
Road course ( Circuito )
First races were held at Mugello in 1914 on a 66 km long route on public roads, similar to the Targa Florio in Sicily. After the First World War, the course underwent a first heyday. Drivers such as Alberto Ascari or Enzo Ferrari competed here. There followed years in the shadow of the Mille Miglia. 1955, the track length was reduced to 19 km. The end of the Mille Miglia after the serious accident in Guidizzolo and increasing interest in racing drew attention to this time again to Mugello, where will take place from 1964 to 1969 back to the original 66 km races that count from 1965 to 1967 for the World Cup.
Launch site was in the south near San Piero a Sieve. At Scarperia where the Autodrome was built, the SP 503 leads north over the pass Passo del Giogo, and continue to Firenzuola, thence westwards to meet at Selva on SR 65 between the Mille Miglia, the portion Bologna and Florence formed, which led across the Futapass. About Barberino di Mugello, the round is closed counterclockwise.
The last World Championship race won Udo Schütz and Gerhard Mitter on 910 Porsche after Günter Klass was killed in an accident. In 1968 the Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 by Lucien Bianchi, Nanni Galli and Nino Vaccarella against the Porsche by Rico Steinemann and Jo Siffert, and in 1969 won Arturo Merzario to Abarth 2000.
In June 1970, a group of pedestrians were injured in a traffic accident and killed a baby. It turned out that the Italian accident driver had previously dismissed the factory team, Alfa, and had probably trained illegal. The three weeks later planned race was canceled.
Racetrack ( Autodromo )
On June 23, 1974, a circular route was put into operation, which forms the basis for today's race track.
Box of Ferrari during test drives