Municipality of Preddvor
Preddvor ( German: Höflein ) is a municipality below Jezersko ( German Seebergsattel ) in Upper Carniola in Slovenia.
Location and population
In the overall community consisting of 14 villages 3334 people live. The main town Preddvor alone has 829 inhabitants and is located on 494 m, 10 km north-east of Kranj.
- Bašelj, (German: " Baschel " )
- Breg ob Kokri, (German: " Rann village on the Kanker " )
- Hraše pri Preddvoru, (German: " Hrasche at Höflein " )
- Hrib, (German: " Obergörtschach " )
- Kokra, (German: " Kanker " )
- Mače, (German: "Cat village in the Upper Carniola " )
- Možjanca, (German: " Moisesberg " )
- Nova vas, (German: " Neudorf bei Höflein )
- Potoce, (German: " Pototsch " )
- Preddvor, (German: " Höflein " )
- Spodnja Bela, (German: " Niederfellach " )
- Srednja Bela, (German: " Mitterfellach " )
- Tupaliče, (German: " Tupalitsch " )
- Zgornja Bela (German: " Oberfellach " )
The place Preddvor lies at the foot of the mountain Storžič ( 2132m ) at the kokra ( German Kanker ), about five kilometers north of Kranj in an area in the four locks are. The Castle Turn pod novim gradom ( Thurn Neuburg ), where once the first Slovene writer Josipina Urbancic - Turnograjska was born in 1833 and lived until her marriage with Lovro Toman, 1853, the locks Preddvor ( Höflein ) and Hrib ( Obergörtschach ) and the ruins of the castle of Novi grad ( Obererckenstein ). By the end of the Habsburg Empire Preddvor belonged to the crown land of Carniola, the location had been part of the judicial district or the district Kranj Kranj.