Location and data
Mussomeli is located 60 km north- west of Caltanissetta. The inhabitants are employed in agriculture, animal husbandry and industry (cement and bitumen).
Mussomeli was founded in the 14th century. The name is probably of Arabic origin. The name was adopted in the 15th century, before the town was named Manfredi.
In the resort
- Church of San Francesco in Piazza Umberto I.
- Baron's Palace in Piazza Umberto I.
- Parish Church of San Ludovico in Terravechia district
- On Via Lanza are the Church of Mary, the Palazzo di Trabia and the church Monti
- Church of Sant'Antonio from the 16th century
In the surrounding area
- Castello Mussomeli, Castle of Chiaramonte from the year 1370
- Ruins of a Greco- Italian village
- Settlement from the Bronze Age to the northeast of Mussomeli
- Paolo Emiliani Giudici (1812-1872), literary historian
- Roberto Mistretta, ( born 1963 ), children's book, screenwriter and author of crime novels