Mutlangen is a municipality in the district of Alb in the east of Baden- Württemberg. It belongs to the marginal zone of the metropolitan region of Stuttgart.
- 2.1 Peace Movement
- 2.2 religions
- 3.1 municipal
- 3.2 Coat of Arms
- 3.3 Town twinning
- 4.1 traffic
- 4.2 Public bodies
- 4.3 Education
- 5.1 Sons and daughters of the town
Mutlangen lies between the forest and the Welzheimer foothills of the eastern Swabian Alb at a height above the Rems valley.
The municipality consists of the village and the hamlet Mutlangen Pfersbach, which was umgemeindet of Schwäbisch Gmünd and since April 1, 1973 is one of Mutlangen.
In 500 AD, and later was the first detectable settlement ( denunciation of Muotho ), but the place was known only to 1100-1200. The basic rule quickly changed Hohenstaufen, vineyard and Rechenberg. Gradually Gmuender monasteries and families have been the main landowners. The first mention of the name " Mutlangen " took place in 1293 in the writings of the monastery of Lorch, the most Mutlangen belonged. With the certificate of July 22, 1293 Count Eberhard of Württemberg took the monastery of Lorch and his goods in the protection.
1581 Mutlangen of Schwäbisch Gmünd was repossessed. One of Rechberger Men belieh its hamlets Mutlangen lack of money to the city. The lien could not be more honored by the salvors computing.
In the course of secularization in 1800 monasteries were dissolved and their property confiscated by the state or prince. Also, the Free Imperial City of Gmünd lost its independence and came to the new Kingdom of Württemberg. Thus, Mutlangen was part of Württemberg and then became part of the upper office Gmünd, from 1938, the district Schwäbisch Gmünd was.
Around 1945 Mutlangen had about 1,200 inhabitants and had a predominantly rural employment structure. Immediately after the war, many displaced persons and refugees were integrated into the community. In the following years, some industrial and commercial enterprises settled in the community, so that the structure Mutlangens from a farming village was transformed into an industrial and residential community. The population rose steadily until today to nearly 6,600 people.
As part of the municipality reform, administration and council decided in defiance of efforts by the city of Schwäbisch Gmünd for the independence of the community. This could, among other things through the establishment of the joint management Swabian Forest, composed of the municipalities Ruppertshofen, Spraitbach, Durlangen and Täferrot except Mutlangen be ensured. In 1973, as part of the reorganization of the district Pfersbach, who had heard up to that point to the municipality Großdeinbach, incorporated to Mutlangen. The community itself came to a new Ostalb.
Known worldwide Mutlangen was stationed from 1983 to 1990 on the Mutlanger Heath Pershing II missiles. In order to achieve the withdrawal of nuclear missiles, rockets opponents repeatedly held a peace camp and called for the blockade of the depot on. The press Mutlangen became the starting point for the peace demonstrators and starting point for the missile tracking and actions. 2999 blockers were arrested here. They were reported coercion and sentenced usually from the local court Schwäbisch Gmünd to fines of 20 daily rates. The Federal Constitutional Court overturned the conviction later on as unconstitutional. With the INF Treaty, the Pershing II missiles were withdrawn from Mutlangen. The site of the former nuclear weapons bearing is new territory today.
Even after the introduction of the Reformation in other areas of Germany Mutlangen remained Catholic. Even today, the Roman Catholic Church is dominant with its St. George's Church. But for the few evangelical believers there is a community center that belongs to the parish Lindachstraße - Mutlangen.
The municipal elections on 7 June 2009 was as follows:
- UWL: 38.3 % - 8 seats (-2)
- CDU: 23.6 % - 4 seats ( ± 0)
- GREEN: 16.2% - 3 seats (± 0)
- SPD: 12.4% - 2 seats ( 2)
- Mrs. list: 9.6% - 2 seats ( 1)
Coat of arms
The coat of arms of the municipality was Mutlangen by the state government of Baden -Württemberg awarded on February 1, 1954. In the red box is a silver, equal-, wide cross, covered with the red silhouette of the narrow side of St. George's Church. The road cross with the church is a symbol of the community and refers to its convenient location. The colors red and white ( silver ) are reminiscent of the affiliation of the village to the territory of the former imperial city of Schwäbisch Gmünd.
Since 1964, a partnership with Bouxières -aux- Dames, near Nancy. 1992, a partnership was announced with Vaskút, a place in the Backa with a Danube Swabian population share of about 30%.
Economy and infrastructure
Mutlangen is connected by national highway 298 ( Gaildorf - Schwäbisch Gmünd ) to the national road network. The state roads 1155 and 1156 are important for the regional traffic. With the commissioning of the western bypass the B 298 in September 2005 and the Nordspange of L 1156 in October 2005, the cross-town was relieved to a considerable extent from through traffic.
The nearest railway station is the railway station in Schwäbisch Gmünd.
Located on the southwestern outskirts Staufer Klinikum Schwäbisch Gmünd is a clinic of Ostalb circle that covers the western circuit, including Schwäbisch Gmünd.
Since 1980, the social station, founded in Mutlangen supplied Swabian Forest help needy people who are no longer capable of living independently at home due to illness or age. Providers of social station is the Catholic parish of St. George in Mutlangen.
The indoor pool Mutlantis was opened in 1974.
In Mutlangen there are two primary schools, one junior high school work and a secondary school. In addition, located on the Mutlanger pagan nor the heath school Mutlangen, a speech therapy school, which is operated by the Ostalb. The private Catholic Francis High School was inaugurated in March 2012 and completed the great offer. Furthermore, there are two kindergartens, the Kindergarten St. Elisabeth and the kindergarten Don Bosco and children's little room, are cared for in the kids 2-3 years.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Heinz Hartmann ( * 1924), mayor ( 1954-1986 )
- Hinder Anton Berger (1886-1963), Domdekan in Rottenburg; Chairman and founder of the diocesan work of settlement and the first honorary citizen Mutlangens
- Ines Pohl (* 1967), journalist
- Joachim Pfeiffer (born 1967 ), politician of the CDU, Member of Parliament
- Anja Jantschik (* 1969), journalist and writer
- Jochen Schneider (born 1970 ), sports director of VfB Stuttgart
- Delle Alexander (* 1973), politician of the NPD, the Landtag of Saxony
- Ernst Karl Schassberger (* 1975 ), Cook
- Arthur Abele (* 1986), Athlete
- Simon Schempp (* 1988), biathlete
The TSV Mutlangen exists since August 31, 1884 and has 1692 members (as of 1 March 2007).
The Peace and meeting Mutlangen exists since 1984.