My Life in Ruins
- Nia Vardalos: Georgia
- Richard Dreyfuss: Irv
- Alexis Georgoulis: Poupi Kakas
- Rachel Dratch: Kim
- Brian Palermo: Marc
- Alistair McGowan: Nico
- María Botto: Lala
- Harland Williams: Big Al
- Caroline Goodall: Dr. Tullen
- Ian Ogilvy: Mr. Tullen
- Ian Gomez: Hotel clerk
My Big Fat Greek Summer ( Original Title: My Life in Ruins ) is a romantic comedy film from 2009 directed by Donald Petrie. The main roles were played by Nia Vardalos and Richard Dreyfuss.
A diverse group of travel-loving holidaymakers undertakes a tour of the archaeological ruins in Greece. The frustrated tour guide Georgia - a US - Greek history professor - makes a mental note that this is her last job as a tour guide. Every time it's the same with the crazy tourists that drive one to madness, and every time enters Georgia in their travels from one faux pas to the next. On her supposed last outing, as always everything wrong: The hotel is the last dump, the tourists are only on nagging, and the bus driver Poupi Kakas seems to serve only the general amusement of tourists - because if only his name is at the beginning of the journey the laughter in size. But after a while - and with the help of the astute vacationer Irv - Georgia discovered that behind her bus driver is more than a grim, shaggy Greek, and so this tour does not seem to end up like all the others. Georgia finds a new love where they would least expect it.
Production and publication
- My Life in Ruins had in the U.S. on February 6, 2009, his debut and came on June 5, 2009 in the American cinema. In Germany appeared " My Big Fat Greek Summer" on October 15, 2009 in the cinemas.
- " My Big Fat Greek Summer" is distributed by Fox Searchlight.
"Nice comedy about tourists in cultural situations, and how their annoyed tourist guide their own problems and concerns transfers to the group. Dramatically, the rack, the film is still designed very solid and staged and should not inspire a few viewers. Nia Vardalos, known from " My Big Fat Greek Wedding", plays the main role and proves that it is far too rarely seen on the big screen. "
" Rarely has a film in the title intrusive manifested, in which success wake he intends to swim. With My Big Fat Greek Wedding actress and writer Nia Vardalos succeeded in 2002, a rare movie miracle. "
"My Life in Ruins is a sometimes more, sometimes less entertaining cinema fun in front of illustrious Greek scenery, but leaves no traces in the audience. With the exception of the then very comical scene in which a couple of Canadian tourists are really upset when you talk to them as stupid Americans. That one finds stupid, so can the friendly Canadians live. But to be referred to as an American, this goes too far. "
Other reviews of the film see links.
- The song that sings Georgia at the beach, Never on Sunday Pote tin Kyriaki of which won an Oscar in 1960.
- It is the first time since the film The Boy on a Dolphin ( Boy on a Dolphin ) from 1957 that a film crew from Hollywood could make on the Acropolis filming. The Greek government had previously rejected all requests for fear that a film crew could damage the sensitive archaeological ruins. But she made an exception after an article in Britain's The Guardian has appeared, because they thought that it would help to promote the Greek culture.