N.V. Nuon Energy

The N.V. Nuon Energy is a Dutch energy provider in the Swedish Vattenfall Group. Nuon Energy is n.v. from the company Nuon emerged, which was split on 30 June 2009 in the network operator Alliander and Nuon Energy.


In February 2009, the Swedish power company Vattenfall, Nuon bought for 8.5 billion euros. Vattenfall took over on 1 July 2009 49% of Nuon, the remaining 51 % should follow in the next six years. The Dutch Nuon grid company Alliander was but just like the Nuon Germany not copied. The main shareholders of Nuon Vattenfall addition, the Dutch provinces of Gelderland, Friesland and North Holland and the municipality of Amsterdam.

Sale Nuon Germany

The former subsidiary Nuon Germany GmbH is active since 2000. On June 23, 2009 declared the former parent company Nuon and Vattenfall the transferee that it would not come to a decision by the EU competition authorities to a takeover of Nuon Germany since Vattenfall was already deeply involved in the German electricity market. On 22 January 2010 Nuon announced that the Südwestfalen energy and water AG will take over the Nuon Germany; the sale was approved on 2 February 2010 and implemented with retroactive effect from 1 January 2010 the following month. Since 15 June 2010, the German company will be named Lekker energy.