National Instruments is a company out of Austin, Texas, USA, which produces hardware and software. National Instruments is traded on the U.S. electronics market NASDAQ under the symbol NATI. The National Instruments products help engineers and scientists to develop measuring, testing, control, control, and embedded applications, prototype, and deploy.
The headquarters of National Instruments Corporation is based in Austin, Texas, United States.
Concept of virtual instruments
As a groundbreaking development in the software applies the concept of virtual instruments.
NI LabVIEW as a graphical development environment
This concept is based NI LabVIEW software, which provides a universal and user specific customizable software - engineering platform. In contrast to traditional text-based programming tools and their obvious limitations LabVIEW is a graphical development environment and gives developers the option of graphical programming using the language G.
Graphical System Design
The origin of the graphical system design goes back to the design of LabVIEW as a system design software. The approach of the graphical system design is the methodological basis to develop measurement, control, control and embedded systems quickly. This results in the researcher different study options, without having to use excessive amounts of time on creating a system from scratch, just to get the right tool for the study of a physical phenomenon. Graphical system design allows it to quickly come to the conclusion, no matter whether it can collide with each other at CERN atoms or working on the development of cancer detection systems of the next generation. Over many different disciplines - be it nuclear research, biomedicine, nuclear fusion or sophisticated robotics - Researchers and scientists use the approach of graphical system design.
- NI LabVIEW is a graphical development environment with the so-called Virtual Instruments (VI ) can be produced from a front panel ( graphical user interface ) and a block diagram consist (graphical representation of the program logic).
- NI LabWindows / CVI is an event-oriented ANSI C programming environment. LabWindows / CVI uses the same libraries and programming tools such as LabVIEW. The software is aimed at developers who are familiar with text-based programming languages such as Java, C or Python and want to create user interfaces.
- NI Measurement Studio is a collection of measurement tools that has been developed specifically for programmers Versions Visual Studio 2010, 2008 and 2005. The software provides measurement and automation classes as well as Windows and Web Forms controls for Visual Basic. NET and Visual C #.
- NI TestStand is a development environment for automated test and measurement systems. In a test sequence, various steps are sequentially performed and created at the end of a report. The test steps can be in different languages , including LabVIEW and LabWindows / CVI are written and their processing sequence of the output of the test steps can be adapted accordingly.
- NI DIAdem is software for managing, analyzing and presentation of measurement data. It reports and analyzes can be created based on a variety of ready-made functions and the results are presented in graphs or tables.
- NI Multisim is a CAD software, which besides the pure creation of schematics and circuits also can simulate their operation.
- NXT -G is a standard programming software for Lego Mindstorms, those young beginners can be introduced to the graphical programming using.
- PXI is an evolution of PCI Standards and CompactPCI ( cPCI ) for the measurement and automation technology.
- NI CompactDAQ is a modular data acquisition system that is connected via USB, LAN or WLAN to a computer. Depending on the measurement type specific modules are used that already have built-in signal conditioning.
- NI CompactRIO is a control and control system with a metal case, the base form a real- time operating system and an FPGA and can be therefore used as an independent.