National People's Congress
- CCP 2157
- Other 830
The National People's Congress ( German abbreviation: NPC; (全国 人民 代表 大会Chinese, Pinyin Quanguo Rénmín Dàibiǎo DAHUI; short form :人大, Renda ) is the parliament of the People's Republic of China Since 2013 Zhang Dejiang is chairman of the NPC. .
In general, the National People's Congress consists of approximately 3,000 members, making it the largest parliament in the world.
Its legal basis is Article 57 to 78 of the Constitution of the People 's Republic of China.
The sessions of the National People's Congress will be held in the Great Hall of the People in Beijing. According to Article 61 of the Constitution, they held every year (usually in March).
Representatives shall be " elected by the provinces, autonomous regions, municipalities directly the government, the Special Administrative Regions and the army units. All national minorities have the right to be properly represented. " (Article 59 of the Constitution ).
The legislative session lasts five years (Article 60 of the Constitution).
The deputies form depending on the choice unit ( province, etc.) a so-called delegation, which roughly corresponds to a fraction of other parliaments.
There are 35 delegations:
- 23 provinces (including Taiwan)
- Five autonomous regions
- Four direct-controlled cities
- Two special administrative regions ( Hong Kong and Macau)
- A delegation of the People's Liberation Army as a representation of the soldiers, as they are not citizens of a province.
The elections of the 35 delegations for the twelfth legislature ( 2013-2018 ) were confirmed in February 2013 as valid. The first annual meeting of the twelfth session was held between March 17, 2013 from 5. Two days earlier, opened the first session of the CPPCC. The proportion of women in this election period is 23.40% ( 699 delegates) and of the 55 officially recognized national minorities are 409 delegates ( 13.69 %) represented in the People's Congress.
The National People's Congress on the recommendation of the National Party Congress of the Communist Party of China
- The President of the People's Republic of China (国家 主席, guojia Zhǔxí )
- The Central Military Commission (中央 军事 委员会, Zhongyang Junshi Wěiyuánhuì )
- The Supreme People's Court (最高人民法院, Zuigao Rénmín Fǎyuàn )
- The Supreme Public Prosecutor's Office (最高 检察院, Zuigao Jiǎncháyuàn ) and
- The State Council of the People's Republic of China, the central government of the People's Republic of China (国务院, Guówùyuàn ).
The most important organ of the National People's Congress, the Standing Committee of 161 members. It meets six times a year.
One of its main tasks is his exclusive right to propose government offices.
- Liu Shaoqi (1955-1958)
- Zhu De (1959-1976)
- Ye Jianying (1978-1982)
- Peng Zheng (1983-1987)
- Wan Li (1988-1992)
- Qiao Shi (1992-1997)
- Li Peng (1998-2002)
- Wu Bangguo (2003-2013)
- Zhang Dejiang (2013 -present)