Naumburg is a town in the district of Kassel, in Hesse ( Germany ).
Since 1995 Naumburg is a recognized Kneipp health resort.
- 2.1 Amalgamations
- 3.1 City Council
- 3.2 Town twinning
Located in Northern Hesse Naumburg is located east of the Long Forest in the western part of the nature park Hawk Forest and is traversed by Eder tributary river Elbe. The highest belonging to Naumburg survey sand head is the southwest of the urban core ( 283 m above sea level. NN ) in Naumburg town forest ( part of the Long Forest ) located (450 m above sea level. NN ). By Naumburg leads a section of the scenic route German Framework Road.
Naumburg is bordered to the north by the city of Wolf Hagen, on the east by the municipality of Bad Emstal (both in the district of Kassel), in the southeast of the city Fritzlar ( in the Schwalm -Eder -Kreis), in the southwest on the community Eder Valley, and to the west by the city Waldeck (both in Waldeck- Frankenberg ).
The city consists of the districts of Altendorf, old cities to have Elbenberg (formed from Elves and Elbersberg ) Heimarshausen and the core city of Naumburg.
In the 2nd millennium BC the ritual use of the giant stone occupied the Holy Mountain the early settlement of the area.
Naumburg was first documented in 1170. The castle Naumburg, Nuwenburc, although only in 1182 called in the sources, but has probably been those built in the early 12th century by the local noble family of Naumburg, which sat well on the near Weidelsburg. In 1260 the town was granted city rights. Just six years later, in 1266, sold the precious Free ( vir nobilis) Wittekind of Naumburg, canon in Magdeburg and canon in Halberstadt, with the consent of his nephews, the castle in Naumburg, the Weidelsburg and the Naumburgern pledged by the Landgrave of Hesse court Elves ( " hornbeam " ) to Archbishop Werner of Mainz. Apart from a long-standing pledge to the Counts of Waldeck in the 16th century, was the small farming town until 1802 in the possession of the archbishopric of Mainz. Thus the city after the 1526 introduced in the country county of Hesse Reformation to the Catholic enclave in Protestant Hesse was. The area around present-day Elbenberg and the old castle Elbersberg were to the 15th century church property; they belonged to the Abbey of St. Alban in front of Mainz that used the lords of same, as governors in the New American Standard Mark.
1626 a fire destroyed the castle, the ruins remained ever since.
As a result of Reichsdeputationshauptschluss circuit from 1803 Naumburg was combined with the other former kurmainzischen enclaves Fritzlar, Amoeneburg Neustadt and the Principality of Fritzlar and the Hesse- Kassel incorporated under the raised to Elector William of Hesse -Kassel. In the time of the Napoleonic Kingdom of Westphalia (1807-1813) was the administrative center of the canton of Naumburg Naumburg. With the annexation of the Electorate of Hesse by Prussia in 1866 also Naumburg became Prussian.
At the beginning of the 19th century most of the population were employed in agriculture. In the 20th century the Volkswagen plant in Baunatal, small businesses and service companies as well as the tourism industry preferred employers were. Naumburg participates in several natural and environmental projects in the region and was honored in 1997 by the federal government with the price of Environment and Tourism.
On December 31, 1971, the formerly independent communities Altendorf, old cities to have Elbenberg and Heimarshausen were incorporated.
The municipal election held 27 March 2011 yielded the following results:
Stefan Hable (CDU ) was first elected mayor on 17 June 2007, a turnout of 72.5 percent to 54.3 percent by a competitor and since 1 November 2007 at the office. On September 22, 2013, he was elected unopposed with a voter turnout of 74.7 per cent with 88.4 per cent for a second term. Next to the mayor per the magistrate consists of three representatives of the CDU and the SPD and two representatives of FWG.
The city of Naumburg maintains partnership relations with the city of Komárom in Hungary since 1992 and since October 2001 the Italian town of San Mauro Pascoli.
Culture and sights
- The streets of the historic city have well-preserved half-timbered ensembles of the late 17th century.
- The Catholic parish church of St. Crescentia is a three-aisled Gothic basilica, which was begun in the 14th century. The nave was extended in 1420 /30 and completed the west tower in 1512. After the great fire of 1684, the construction had to be replaced in many areas. A gothic sandstone sculpture of the Madonna of 1340, the anonymous sculptor is named after her Master of Naumburg Madonna, located on the southern facade. Also inside the church, a Gothic statue of Mary is (late 14th century). The remaining equipment in neo-Gothic style dates from the late 19th century; the choir screen and the two outer chancel windows date from 1897. Built in 1991, renovated middle chancel window is in bright colors Christ the Judge in the mandorla dar.
- Museum train: The station Naumburg (Bz Kassel) is one of two terminal stations of Hessencourriers.
- The vineyard chapel to Naumburg
- The Fatima Grotto
- Castle Elbersberg in the same mountain district
- The giant stone on the Holy Mountain
Naumburg station is also known as model railroaders. So there are models of the station in the nominal size H0 and N. The FREMO Naumburg had selected several times for meetings.
- Reinhard von Dalwigk
- Rudolf Georg Walrab Buttlar ( forester)
- Bernhard von Naumburg ( landowners )
- Master of Naumburg Madonna (sculptor )
- Andreas Herber (sculptor worked in Naumburg )