NBA 2K11 is a basketball sports simulation game, developed by Visual Concepts and published by 2K Sports. It was released on October 5, 2010 in the U.S. and on October 8th in Europe. The cover features basketball star Michael Jordan, which appears in various types in the game.
The game includes many new features, some of which involve the cover star Michael Jordan. In the " Jordan Challenge ," the player plays according to the ten most important games of his career. In " MJ: Creating a Legend" you start as Michael Jordan in his rookie season and leads him to his legendary status on any NBA team. But this mode is only playable after the player has completed all "Jordan Challenges". In the " My Jordans " feature, the player is rewarded for the achievement of milestones and success with 40 different Air Jordan shoes, which attracted a player, improve certain attributes. For the Playstation 2 version of the "Jordan Challenge " is not available mode.
Likewise, the game includes the possibility with some classic teams from the past to play, which are playable in Exhibiton and Associationmode.
NBA 2K11 features an improved presentation to make the game even more realistic to have effect. So you can see for example the players before the game get off the bus or warm up for the game. While Kevin Harlan and Clark Kellogg will be reinstated as moderators, the ESPN reporter Doris Burke is the new Sideline reporter.
The 2K10 already known from NBA My Player mode allows players to create your own player and play an entire career. Starting with the NBA Drafts of the player fights from Bank warmer for starters and acclaimed superstar and thrives on press conferences, visits the White House and degrees of advertising contracts.
The entire soundtrack was announced on July 29, 2010. Snoop Dogg controls in a specially produced for the game song.
- Snoop Dogg - " NBA 2K theme "
- Big Boi - " Shutterbugg "
- Drake - "Over"
- Cassidy - "Game Time"
- Ron Artest - "Champion"
- Kidz in Space - " Downtime "
- Duck - Down All-Stars featuring Buckshot, Skyzoo, Promise, and Sean Price - " Better Than You"
- The Alan Parsons Project - "Sirius"
- Type vs.. Science - "Hollywood"
- Big Rock Candy Mountain - " Rocketship "
- Chicharones - "Little by Little "
- Children Collide - "Skeleton Dance"
- The Constellations featuring Asher Roth - We're Here To Save The Day
- Dan Black featuring Kid Cudi - " Symphonies (Remix) "
- Delorean - " Deli "
- DJ Quik - "Trouble"
- Ev - "Home of the Brave ( Instrumental) "
- Failsafe "Hope"
- Failsafe - "Only if we Learn"
- Hogni - " Bow Down "
- Middleman - " It's Not Over Yet"
- Rakaa featuring Aloe Blacc - " Crown Of Thorns "
- The Redland - " So Far "
- The Russian Futurists - " Paul Simon "
- The Russian Futurists - "Precious Metals"
- Shaggy featuring rikrok - " It Was not Me"
- Sonny Bones - "Rise"
- Two Door Cinema Club - " I Can Talk"
- Yung automatic & Bayroot Productions - " Go Hard or Go Home "
- Dux Jones - " Pourin ' It On "
The game was very well received by the press, the website Metacritic calculated for the Xbox 360 version an average rating of 89 % from 50 reviews, 89 % from 46 reviews for the Playstation 3 version and 82% from 6 reviews a slightly lower rating for the PC version.
The website GameZone especially praises the "enormous deep-seated gameplay " and the " presentation in a class ," but regrets that the controller is very intense workout and so " casual gamers can be quickly overwhelmed ." The Xbox 360 - and Playstationen 3 versions each received a very good 9.2 rating and were awarded with the Game Zone Gameplay Gold Award.
For a deeper online experience emerged in recent years, some NBA 2K online leagues. Here, the online players in leagues are combined to simulate an entire NBA season. Here, each player takes on the role of the coach of a team and tried against real opponents to lead his team to the top of the NBA. Meanwhile, the provision of online content has been discontinued.