Neuhaus am Klausenbach
- ÖVP: 9
- SPÖ: 3
- BLN Template: Election chart / Maintenance / Name: 2
- FPÖ: 1
Neuhaus am Klausbach is a market town with 961 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) in the Jenner village district in Burgenland in Austria.
- 3.1 Demographics
- 4.1 Coat of Arms
The municipality is located in 359 m above sea level on the border of Austria, Hungary and Slovenia in the nature park Raab - Őrség - Goricko and is the southernmost municipality in Burgenland.
The municipality comprises the following four localities ( in parentheses population as of 31 October 2011):
- Bonisdorf (112 )
- Kalch (214 )
- Krottendorf in Neuhaus am Klausbach (127 )
- Neuhaus am Klausbach ( 493 )
The municipality comprises the cadastral Bonisdorf, Kalch, Krottendorf at Neuhaus and Neuhaus am Klausbach.
Neuhaus is documented for the first time acquainted with the 1213. From 1213 to 1332 Neuhaus was owned by the Abbey of St. Gotthard. In 1478 the city was first raised to market. As of 1607 the place belongs to the reign of the Batthyány family.
The place was like the rest of Burgenland to 1920/21 Hungary ( German West Hungary). Since 1898, had to be used because of Magyarization the government in Budapest the Hungarian name Vasdobra. After the end of World War II German West Hungary was awarded in the Treaties of St. Germain and Trianon in 1919 Austria after tough negotiations. The place belongs since 1921 to the newly founded State of Burgenland (see also history of Burgenland ). Market town is Neuhaus am Klausbach since 1992 ( by VO 74).
Mayor is the Member of the Landtag Burgenland Helmut Sampt of the ÖVP.
The distribution of seats (15 seats) in the municipal council is 3 SPÖ, ÖVP 9, 1 FPÖ, Green 0, and other lists (BLN ) 2 mandates.
Coat of arms
Blazon: In a green field a golden new house.
The coat of arms was granted on 23 March 1977. It is a canting arms and describes the name Neuhaus, it relies on the run for centuries as a seal image insignia of the community.
- Neuhaus am Inn in Bavaria (Germany)
Culture and sights
- Rom. Cath. Parish Church of St. Stephen
- Protestant parish A. B.
- Ruined castle Neuhaus am Klausbach
- Tabor Castle
- Eric W. Gritsch (1931-2012), church historian and Luther researchers
- Rosa Schreiber (1913-1996), a pharmacist, Righteous Among the Nations