• 2.1 Neupetershain North ( Peter Hain ) 2.1.1 formation
  • 2.1.2 population
  • 2.1.3 manor
  • 2.1.4 Village Church
  • 4.1 Municipal Council
  • 4.2 Coat of Arms


Local documents

The community consists of three local documents, the original village Peter Hain ( today Neupetershain North ), which was founded in 1905 and industrial community Neupetershain from New Geisendorf. The latter was developed by the devastation caused by mining and resettlement of the village Geisendorf.

Neighboring communities

The surrounding communities within ten kilometers are Drebkau, Welzow, Altdöbern, New Zealand and Grossraeschen.


Neupetershain North ( Peter Hain )



Until the 19th century, the village population was mainly on the West Slavic tribe of the Sorbs / Wends. The place in the year 1842 elimination of worship in Wendish language and the beginning of industrialization in the village and its surroundings, led to a significant acceleration of the assimilation of this ethnic group. The last Wendish -speaking inhabitants died in the 1960s. To this day, still Sorbian / Wendish customs such as the Zampern, the Easter fire and the design of Easter eggs are maintained.

Due to the industrialization of the southern Lower Lusatia workers attracted from other parts of Germany in the village. After 1945, followed refugees from former German territories in Eastern Europe, particularly from Silesia.


From the beginning of written records ( early 15th century ) until the year 1738, the Lords of Muschwitz sat as the owner of the village on the associated knights seat. Their water castle was first mentioned in 1405. The originating from Central Germany Frankish noble family followed the Lords of Rotberg, members of a Swiss noble family. 1868 sold Pauline von Pannwitz, the daughter of the last Rotbergers, the estate of an industrialist. From then on, the owners changed frequently. After 1945, the Gutsgelände of various institutions of socialist agriculture was used. Here, the palatial manor of ideological zealots was heavily damaged in the 1950s. By removing the tower and other classical elements in the roof area the appearance of a needle seat should be eliminated. Since the 1990s, the site is home to a small industrial park. Renovated and converted palatial manor house is operated as a hotel to the farm. The agriculture as main occupation, there are no longer in place.

Village Church

The beginnings of the present church building dates back to the late Middle Ages. Over time, repeatedly made ​​conversions and extensions. The provisionally last major intervention in the external appearance began 1724/25. At that time the originally rectangular nave was extended eastwards. It emerged behind the altar out gerückte corners. In addition, we increased the ring walls and built a baroque window. Nine years later the tower was increased and the simple hood replaced by a Baroque Lace. He reached the present height of nearly 40 meters. 1830 threw up a storm on the top of the church roof and 1935 burned down the tower. 1937 a new entrance from the west was created by the tower. At that time they also replaced the destroyed by the fire bells, by today's steel bells from the art and bell foundry Lauchhammer.

Already in 1815 an organ was mentioned. Today sounds to church services and other occasions an organ of the company Heinze Sorau from the year 1905.

In the chancel, a splendid epitaph from 1750 is worth seeing. From the pre-Reformation period, have 2 wooden sculptures ( an evangelist and Maria Anna ), likely to receive the remains of a former altar. Furthermore, there is a baptismal font from 1653 and a Bible from the year 1702nd


It can be assumed that the place would be Neupetershain without the railway connection in 1870 was hardly developed. After the decision to build a rail link between the Great Grove, Senftenberg and Cottbus, stations were provided for each of the surrounding villages at regular intervals. So it was that was built two kilometers from the original Peter Hain of the train station in the middle of the forest. On Wednesday, April 20, 1870, the railway line was opened by Peter Hain station. In Calauer Official Journal of 4 September 1904, the decision of the district committee Calau was published on 8 June 1904 Considering that, according to the rapid Empor flowering of numerous settlements - factories, steel mills and buildings - a new at a substantial distance from the places Peter Hain on Peter Hain Station and communicating with the places Peter Hain in very little relationship complex of residential and workplaces has arisen in which already have settled with 1085 souls 214 households, ... decided by the district committee: the new community named " new Peter Hain " to the April 1, 1905 are considered as incurred. The first operational offices at the station took place in 1891 with the construction of a steam brick by the landlords of Peter Hain. The company Niederlausitzer Glashüttenwerke was founded in 1896 by the owner Adolf Müller, Maximilian Hoffmann and Anton hero. The latter were also the ones who built the first multi-family homes. The construction of further glassworks was in preparation.

New Geisendorf

The local situation arose as a new foundation of the demolished village Geisendorf (Sorbian Gižkojce ). This village was located east of Neupetershain and had to make way for the advancing Welzow -south. While the manor house remained at the old location, restored and has gained national importance as a cultural and social center of the Vattenfall Group, the villagers were resettled in Neupetershain. 2001 moved into a completely newly built settlement of the Geisen villages on a farmland on the northern edge of the local situation of Neupetershain. In this context, also saw the transformation of a former water tower located there to a Bürgertreff.



Municipal council

The municipal council consists of 12 community representatives and the mayor.

  • WG " YES" Neupetershain 8 seats
  • SPD 4 seats

(As at municipal election on 28 September 2008)

Coat of arms

The coat of arms was approved on 17 May 2006.

Blazon: " Split and left diagonally split of red and gold; all in confused colors: top two diagonally left glassmaker pipes, overlies the front panel of a silver chalice glass, down an inclined left sickle whose silver, upward-facing cutting covers an ear of corn in the back field. "


In the list of monuments in Neupetershain and in the list of ground monuments in Neupetershain are registered in the list of monuments of the country Brandenburg monuments.