New Britain (Connecticut)
New Britain is a city in Hartford County in the U.S. state of Connecticut, United States, with 71,700 inhabitants ( 2004). The geographic coordinates are: 41.68 ° North, 72.79 ° West. The metropolitan area has a size of 34.7 km ².
In the city, the Central Connecticut State University.
Beginning of the 20th century, the city was known by the nickname Hardware City. The designation goes to metal processing companies such as Stanley Works and Corbin Locks with products such as cutter ( Stanley knife ) back.
- New Britain Museum of American Art
- New Britain Youth Museum
- New Britain Industrial Museum
Sons and daughters of the town
- Conrad Gozzo, trumpeter
- Henry Gwiazda, composer
- Johnny Kay, racers
- Phil Ohman, pianist, bandleader and composer
- Charles Quigley, movie actor
- W. D. Richter, screenwriter and director
- Douglas Swan, painter
- Tom Thibodeau, basketball coach
- Place in Connecticut
- Location in North America
- New Britain (Connecticut)